What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Mr. Lime, Any chances for a Blu-Ray for:

Baby The Rain Must Fall
Bus Riley's Back In Town
The Long Ships
Pepe
Hammerhead
The Naked Jungle
The Devil at Four O'Clock

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

Baby The Rain Must Fall
Bus Riley's Back In Town
The Long Ships
Pepe
Hammerhead
The Naked Jungle

If you're referring to the spy-fiJames Bond knockoff film Hammerhead (1968), featuring American spy Charles Hood, I'd second that . The DVD is OK but this film would tremendously benefit from a HD/ UHD Blu remaster.

Judy Geeson in this flick alone would be worth the effort.

UPDATE: Well, ML has confirmed this title is not with Kino which I figured as much. Might be more of a WAC candidate.

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden

Baby The Rain Must Fall
Bus Riley's Back In Town
The Long Ships
Pepe
Hammerhead
The Naked Jungle

Most of these are with Sony; try asking Twilight Time for them. Bus Riley's Back in Town is with Universal and The Naked Jungle is with Paramount; the latter is unlikely because Kino doesn't have it in their current deal with Paramount and Bus Riley won't happen since Kino doesn't have a deal with Universal right now.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
• We added some more titles to the sale! Now 422 titles!
• DVDs as low as $5.98! Blu-rays from $7.98!
• Sale ends Sunday, August 6th!
• Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or more
• Free Canada Shipping - Orders of $100 or more
• Out of stock titles will be in stock within a few days
• Last chance to purchase John Ford's The Hurricane! It will go on moratorium on August 1st!

https://www.klstudioclassics.com/list/view/code/klsclaunchsale

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming January 2018!
Brand New 4K Restoration by Kino Lorber!

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) (50th Anniversary Special Edition) Starring Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway, Paul Burke, Jack Weston and Yaphet Kotto - Shot by Haskell Wexler (In the Heat of the Night) - Co-Edited and Co-Produced by Hal Ashby (Coming Home) - Music by Michel Legrand (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) - Written by Alan Trustman (Bullitt, They Call Me Mister Tibbs) - Produced and Directed by Norman Jewison (The Russian are Coming, the Russians are Coming)

17814239_1879146362371172_90775504292854662_o.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never especially liked The Thomas Crown Affair, but a disc from a brand new 4k restoration is irresistible. I'm buying this!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Coming January 2018!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) (50th Anniversary Special Edition) Starring Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway, Paul Burke, Jack Weston and Yaphet Kotto - Shot by Haskell Wexler (In the Heat of the Night) - Co-Edited and Co-Produced by Hal Ashby (Coming Home) - Music by Michel Legrand (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) - Written by Alan Trustman (Bullitt, They Call Me Mister Tibbs) - Produced and Directed by Norman Jewison (The Russian are Coming, the Russians are Coming)

View attachment 39443
I like the remake, this one should be good, too.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Thank you for the sale.

My order:

Boy on a Dolphin
Daddy Long Legs
The Indian Fighter
Lifeboat
One Million Years, B.C. (1966)

Only $52.90 - free shipping!

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
• We added some more titles to the sale! Now 422 titles!
• DVDs as low as $5.98! Blu-rays from $7.98!
• Sale ends Sunday, August 6th!
• Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or more
• Free Canada Shipping - Orders of $100 or more
• Out of stock titles will be in stock within a few days
• Last chance to purchase John Ford's The Hurricane! It will go on moratorium on August 1st!

https://www.klstudioclassics.com/list/view/code/klsclaunchsale
This is great. Is there anyway to separate out the added titles? I already was thru the original list 4 times when I ordered last week so it would be helpful to just know what titles were added.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I loaded my cart with a number of discs only to find that they cannot be shipped to Australia. Very disappointing as the prices were excellent. Good luck to the many users of the new KL website who can access this excellent sale.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
MisterLime, this is a great sale! Very much appreciated also...the only problem I encountered was in discovering that your newly released Bob Hope Blu-rays are not available to Canadian customers directly from your new KLSC website...everything else I ordered were for USA/Canada, so no problem...I will still be able to get the Bob Hope Blu's elsewhere, but would prefer to support your new website...anyway, thanks!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
MisterLime, this is a great sale! Very much appreciated also...the only problem I encountered was in discovering that your newly released Bob Hope Blu-rays are not available to Canadian customers directly from your new KLSC website...everything else I ordered were for USA/Canada, so no problem...I will still be able to get the Bob Hope Blu's elsewhere, but would prefer to support your new website...anyway, thanks!
That's disappointing... I wanted them too... :(

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
MisterLime, what cut is Kino using for NIGHT ANGEL (1990)? Is there an unrated cut of that film in existence? I only ask because I stumbled upon a review of it in Gorezone #13 and the photos they show of some of the effects I don't remember seeing in the film.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mr. Lime
Do HD masters exist for the other 2 Bob Hope films in public domain: The Great Lover and The Seven Little Foys?
And is there any chance of Kino releasing them?

Very good questions! I'd love decent discs of both those films.

They only have SD masters for Cancel My Reservation, The Great Lover, How to Commit Marriage, The Private Navy of Sgt. O'Farrell and Seven Little Foys. We have no plans of releasing these anytime soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks