What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Four Faces West (1948) Starring Joel McCrea, Frances Dee, Charles Bickford, Joseph Calleia and William Conrad - Cinematography by Russell Harlan (Red River, Rio Bravo) - Directed by Alfred E. Green (Baby Face)

Four_Faces_West-911238208-large.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw this film with my mother when I was 9 years old. The story was a bit adult for me (the characters' relationship, the failed rape scene). I knew something was amiss but the story stayed with me until years later I had an Eureka moment. Anyway, what made it most interesting was that Nathan Leopold was living in Puerto Rico at the time, married to a nurse, and my mother told me the story upon which Compulsion was based. Loeb, she told me, had been killed in prison year earlier. She was quite up to date on the story.
It's a very fine movie, BTW.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming March 7th on Blu-ray!

Lifeboat (1944) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Audio Commentary by Film Professor Drew Casper
• The Making of Lifeboat Doc
• Animated Montage of Images
• Reversible Art

Lifeboat_Bluray_3.jpg

Lifeboat_Bluray_Revearse.jpg

mop

Agent
Real Name
Max
With Kino's deal with Paramount, I'm wondering if they can shake loose the 1936 ANYTHING GOES (re-titled TOPS IS THE LIMIT), co-starring Bing Crosby and Ethel Merman (recreating her Broadway role). I thought this film belonged to Universal, with it buying Paramount's library. But I was told Paramount retained the rights because it remade the film in 1956 (again with Crosby). If that's true, Kino could give the Bing/Merman film its debut on home video (it hasn't often been on TV, for that matter). Any possibility?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
With Kino's deal with Paramount, I'm wondering if they can shake loose the 1936 ANYTHING GOES (re-titled TOPS IS THE LIMIT), co-starring Bing Crosby and Ethel Merman (recreating her Broadway role). I thought this film belonged to Universal, with it buying Paramount's library. But I was told Paramount retained the rights because it remade the film in 1956 (again with Crosby). If that's true, Kino could give the Bing/Merman film its debut on home video (it hasn't often been on TV, for that matter). Any possibility?

Sorry, but I doubt it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

That title belongs to Universal.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming March 14th on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Skull (1965) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Jonathan Rigby on The Skull" featurette (24:14)
• Kim Newman on The Skull" featurette (27:18)
• "Trailers From Hell" with Joe Dante
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Trailers

738329211257.jpg

738329211257_B.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon:
2/7 Sicilian Clan (2 Discs) | No Highway in the Sky (BD) | Prince of Foxes (BD) | What a Way to Go (BD) | 2/14 One Million Years B.C. (2 Discs) | Gunsmoke: The Long Ride (DVD) 2/21 23 Paces to Baker Street (BD) | Deluge | No Retreat, No Surrender 2/28 A*P*E (3-D) | Framed 3/7 Lifeboat (BD) | Compulsion (BD) 3/14 The Skull | The Man Who Could Cheat Death | The Stud | The Bitch | Certain Fury | They're Playing with Fire 3/21 Daredevils of the Red Circle | A Game of Death | Invisible Ghost | Chamber of Horrors | Teen Witch (BD) 3/28 ZPG | Dakota | The Wanderers (2 Discs) | September Storm (3-D) 4/4 Farewell to Arms (1957) (BD) | Broken Arrow (BD) | Sunset in the West 4/11 Don't Give Up the Ship | The Scar | Mephisto Waltz (BD) 4/18 Star Crystal | Star Slammer [aka Prison Ship] | Making Contact | Blue Racer | Sheriff Hoot Kloot 4/25 8 Million Ways to Die | Freeway | Those Redheads From Seattle (3-D) | The Sheik | Son of the Sheik 5/2 The Crucible (BD) | Tristan + Isolde (BD) | Executioner's Song (BD) 5/9 Pied Piper | The Optimists 5/16 Dimension 5 | Cyborg 2087 5/23 Barton Fink | Good Son (BD) 5/30 Papa's Delicate Condition 6/6 Marjorie Morningstar 6/13 Night People (BD) 6/20 Adventures of Captain Marvel

Announced - No Set Dates:
Legend of Hillbilly John | The Apple | Hangover Square (BD) | Seven Beauties | Zaza | 1492: Conquest of Paradise | Love with a Proper Stranger | Red Line 7000 | Driftwood | Tobor the Great | Four Faces West |

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming March 14th on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959) with optional English subtitles

• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth
• Interview with critic and novelist Kim Newman (17:09)
• Interview with author and historian Jonathan Rigby (16:52)
• Trailer Gallery

738329211226.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Coming Soon:
2/7 Sicilian Clan (2 Discs) | No Highway in the Sky (BD) | Prince of Foxes (BD) | What a Way to Go (BD) | 2/14 One Million Years B.C. (2 Discs) | Gunsmoke: The Long Ride (DVD) 2/21 23 Paces to Baker Street (BD) | Deluge | No Retreat, No Surrender 2/28 A*P*E (3-D) | Framed 3/7 Lifeboat (BD) | Compulsion (BD) 3/14 The Skull | The Man Who Could Cheat Death | The Stud | The Bitch | Certain Fury | They're Playing with Fire 3/21 Daredevils of the Red Circle | A Game of Death | Invisible Ghost | Chamber of Horrors | Teen Witch (BD) 3/28 ZPG | Dakota | The Wanderers (2 Discs) | September Storm (3-D) 4/4 Farewell to Arms (1957) (BD) | Broken Arrow (BD) | Sunset in the West 4/11 Don't Give Up the Ship | The Scar | Mephisto Waltz (BD) 4/18 Star Crystal | Star Slammer [aka Prison Ship] | Making Contact | Blue Racer | Sheriff Hoot Kloot 4/25 8 Million Ways to Die | Freeway | Those Redheads From Seattle (3-D) | The Sheik | Son of the Sheik 5/2 The Crucible (BD) | Tristan + Isolde (BD) | Executioner's Song (BD) 5/9 Pied Piper | The Optimists 5/16 Dimension 5 | Cyborg 2087 5/23 Barton Fink | Good Son (BD) 5/30 Papa's Delicate Condition 6/6 Marjorie Morningstar 6/13 Night People (BD) 6/20 Adventures of Captain Marvel

Announced - No Set Dates:
Legend of Hillbilly John | The Apple | Hangover Square (BD) | Seven Beauties | Zaza | 1492: Conquest of Paradise | Love with a Proper Stranger | Red Line 7000 | Driftwood | Tobor the Great | Four Faces West |

I'll be buying the three 3D titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks