What's new

*** Official "JASON X" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
The movie wasn't quite as campy and self-mocking as I had hoped, but it was still pretty enjoyable. It's unfortunate that the best kill came first, because it made most of the others seem plain by comparison.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I just saw this last night. A big :emoji_thumbsup:. It was fun seeing Jason rack up another body count.
My personal favorite scene(s)
When he froze the doctor's face then shattered it on the counter.
The Doctor being hit on by the student "Ahh, we need to talk about my midterm...."
And of course, the holographic rendition of Crystal Lake, circle 1980. That was a fantastic scene.
I'm sure New Line will have a great DVD for us in a few months. I hope Paramount releases the rest of the series, so I can enjoy all of these classics.
Jason

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Saw it this morning. I never thought I'd pray for the days of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood but this movie makes me long for those eighties horror movies. It was just an atrocious movie. It was made cheap and looks it. There isn't a good line in the whole movie, despite pitiful attempts at self-mocking humor. There's no wit, no ingenious kills, no nothing. I've never sat through a horror movie like this and not made a sound, cracked a smile, winced or jumped at least once. Congratulations Jason X you've done what no horror movie has done before.

Avoid this movie at all costs. There are few slasher films worse than this, and MANY better.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Yeah I just saw this last night and absolutely loved every minute of it. I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan and I thought Jason X delivered in every possible way

I don't know why, but I loved the scene where

Jason kills the monster/dinosaur in the simulator. I thought that was hilarious how Jason will kill anything!

Great movie, will be seing again on Sunday!

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I'm with Marvin on this one. This was a big pile of crap. Parodies are OK, but I'm not a big fan of parodies within a series. I have the same fear of the upcoming Halloween Resurrection.

I enjoyed the first doctor death, and laughed at the end, but that was it. I really miss the 80s horror movies, Jason X just didn't work for me. The original sequels didn't take themselves seriously either, but this was just over the top. (My favs for those who care are Part III and Part IV)

I miss the good stuff. Bring on better DVDs of the original sequels, stay up late watching the Freddy box set, pop in Sleepaway Camp (the 1st one!) and have some fun. Hell, toss in Slumber Party Massacre while you're at it!

Doug "Where's that fancy corkscrew" Miller

Andi

Auditioning
I've seen parts of the Friday the 13th movies before. They were horrible. They were boring and had no good plot or story. I am definitely not going to see Jason X because it just looks bad.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Do I smell a thread-fart?

Anywho, maybe I'm just old fashioned with my horror movies. The last one I remember really liking as a horror movie was Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (Final my ass!). That one had ridiculous amounts of gore and not much else, but that's what you expect with a slasher movie. A small amount of humor (but not at its own expense), some sex, and lots of violence. Part V was okay, except for the no-Jason thing. Actually they would have been better off if they had followed the story thread from the end of that movie and sent Tommy Jarvis off on his own killing spree, maybe eventually coming face to face with the real Jason after he was brought back. Part IV is the last one I remember where Jason really tortured his victims too. Leaving their corpses nailed to doors and just scaring the crap out of people instead of just hacking through them like someone hacking through a jungle with a machete.

In all fairness I thought the virtual reality part of Jason X at the end was kind of funny, especially the sleeping bag thing. Didn't they cut the kill in Part VII where he repeatedly slammed someone in a sleeping back against a tree?

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have only seen a few of the Jason films...one of them being the very last one...Jason goes to Hell...but I'd like to know if it was explained that Jason came back from hell?? I saw this movie on friday night, but missed the first five minutes (I walked in when the hot chick with the dark hair got stabbed through the door)...I didnt think Jasons body was around to be studied after the last film????

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Well, I have only seen a few of the Jason films...one of them being the very last one...Jason goes to Hell...but I'd like to know if it was explained that Jason came back from hell??
Nope, they don't bother. Yet another annoying point of this movie. But then I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since in the beginning of the 8th one I don't remember them bothering with any explanation as to what happened after 7. They at least tried to explain how Jason was brought back to life in the 6th one. I don't expect realism or logic, but it would be nice if the movies were at least consistent and logical within the outlandish framework of the series.

They did the same thing multiple times in the Halloween series, too, so I guess its par for the course.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Nope, they don't bother. Yet another annoying point of this movie
It just wouldn't fit. I mean how do explain something like that. Part 9 was a pretty crappy movie, and they chose to ignore it. I say kudos to them. How do you explain where he was turned into a kid by toxic waste? Or that he was hacked into bits? Or any of the other things he has went through and came back? I like the way the movie started. They tried to explain how they would capture him before (part 9, I think) and it came off as stupid. There really is no better way to start this one off than the way they did.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Jason X was good better then the last two.

I think New Line didnt make the writers explain too much because I think they wanted the Freddy vs Jason movie to explain what happened after part 9, if they even acknowledge it at all.

The end bit with the holograms was great btw, everyone was laughing

Chris

ShawnCoghill

Stunt Coordinator
OY VA! How can you people continue to drone on about how great and "cool" this pile of tripe is? I hope most of you are just being facetious. I mean come on!! I think earlier I was misrepresented about my views,The reason I believe this is a marauding poison for youths,is not because of the violence,but because the thing is worthless,pointless,and pure celluloid crap! I know this is JUST my opinion.I just cant figure how this got past the dream stage in the writer/director/producer/actors/moneys minds. This should have died before it ever got to the drawing board. I have nothing against well made well thought up horror films,or movies,but this is ludicrous! I truly thought the idea of this was a joke! AHHH Bring back great suspense,great story filled horror films. Leave this thing in the depths of the subconscious.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
but because the thing is worthless,pointless,and pure celluloid crap
Want me to list every single movie that I think is pure crap. I don't think there is enough space on the server for that. If you don't like the movie that's coo and thanks for sharing your opinion on it. But why do u feel the need to tell it to us again becuase other people said that they enjoyed(I am among those :D ). Just my .02$ on the topic.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Marvin,

I don't remember them bothering with any explanation as to what happened after 7.
At the end of 7, we see the girl's father come out of the lake, wrap the chain around Jason's neck, and pull him back down to the bottom of the lake.

At the beginning of 8, a boat is passing by with its anchor down. The anchor gets tangled on an underwater electrical conduit and Jason. So basically, he is brought back to life through electricity again.

There was no explanation at the beginning of 9 as to what took place after 8. That's two movies in a row that they don't explain the previous one. This has to stop now or otherwise you can have unlimited Jason movies with different scenarios. Kind of reminds me of the old Godzilla movies.

The Final Chapter

A New Beginning

Jason Lives

The New Blood

Jason Takes Manhattan

Jason Joes to Hell

Jason In Space

Jason vs Freddy

Jason vs Rambo

Jason Part XXX: The Vorhees Strike Back

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I would imagine the reason the gap between ...Hell and Jason X went unexplained was for Freddy Vs. Jason (or however the order is supposed to go :)) to fit in with something approximating continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks