*** Official "JASON X" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

April 12th!
    This news comes from Joblo and Dark Horizons, so I'm assuming it's the set date...for now. Thanks to LOTR for filling New Line's coffers up with so much gold and rubies that they could afford to release this one wide.
    My apologies to Brad W. for overtaking this BWP 3 thread with my Jason ravings. It was Terrell's fault too! [​IMG]
    So who's gonna see Jason X in the movies?
    Who will gladly buy/rent the DVD?
    Who will skip it entirely and be quite happy about it?
    [​IMG] JASON X!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Maybe someone can explain the appeal...

I love horror movies, from the cheesy to the classy - I think I can appreciate just about anything decent in the genre.

But, from the very first installment, this is IMO the worst horror series ever. I haven't any idea why anyone would give two shits about a new one or any of the previous ones coming out on DVD. I simply can't grasp it.

Enlighten me!

3. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I'm gonna echo in agreement with Al. I never found this franchise scary. Although on Halloween I find myself watching them. But I always though Halloween was far superior and scarier, and superior in every respect. Not only that, at least the Halloween folks try to make it somewhat explainable and logical.[​IMG]

4. Scott Weinberg

For me, it's simple.
    I love bad horror movies. As long as they're not BORING, I'll probably have a good time. I happily wrote positive reviews for movies like Deep Rising, The Relic, Mimic, Anaconda and Deep Blue Sea. And they're all pretty crappy!
    I'd agree that the Friday the 13th movies (for the most part) are VERY crappy, although I do have a distinct fondness for Parts 1, 2, 4 and 6. [​IMG] (3 is not atrocious, 5 is junk despite the huge body count, 7 is like a TV-movie, 8 was a joke, and 9 was retarded!) Of course, these opinions come from the mind of an admitted horror junkie.
    I doubt this one will show up as a press screening here in Philly, but I'll gladly drop 7 bucks for a Sunday matinee!

5. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I liked Anaconda, even though it was somewhat cheesy. I also really liked The Relic and Mimic. So I'm not averse to horror films. But something about these films turned me off. Maybe it's just the fact that I never considered them scary.

6. Scott Weinberg

You never heard me say the Friday the 13th movies are scary! [​IMG]
    I do think the first two have some solid jolts, actually.

7. Jason P

Jason P Stunt Coordinator

I absolutely LOVE slasher movies. I've adored them for a while now, and Friday the 13th is easily my favorite of the slasher franchises. Are they crappy? Most of the time. Are they actually scary? Not in the least. Then why would a perfectly sane person like me watch universally trashed movies like these? For me, the answer is simple...
    Growing up in a private school and with somewhat "strict" parents, the "Friday the 13th" movies were practically taboo, so when I finally got the opportunity to watch one late night during Joe Bob's Monstervision, I jumped at the chance. It happened to be "Jason Takes Manhattan", which I believe is considered to be one of the worst horror movies of all-time. You know what? I loved it. I still love it, and I plan to buy it as soon as its released on DVD this Fall. They are entertaining as heck. They're corny and predictable, and I will be there opening night for "Jason X". To me they represent once forbidden fruit and a piece of my teenage years that I treasure.
    Keep em comin'.[​IMG]

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Ill be there[​IMG] Nothing like good cheese, bad acting and a whole lot of slashing to make a good movie theater experience.

9. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    Personally? I watched the trailer for Jason X several times and repeatedly slapped my forehead in utter dismay. I can't even dredge up the words to describe how God-damned awful this is going to be. I wouldn't go see this tripe if I had a gun in my mouth and my sad, little life depended on it.

10. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I was wrong about one thing. I predicted Jason X would be the worst film of 2001. So much for that. [​IMG]
    After seeing the trailer and seeing many 2001 films, I think it was safe anyway. Looks pretty dumb, but entertaining for what it wants to be.

11. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I'll be seeing it! I'm sceered just thinking about it! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I will skip it entirely and be quite happy about it. [​IMG]

13. Scott Weinberg

14. George_Pro

George_Pro Auditioning

I will absolutely be there on opening day for Jason X (provided I haven't died of old age by the time it is actually released). However, the April 12 release date in not official and has been debunked by New Line. I've seen plenty of positive reviews for this flick. Will it be scary? Of course, not. If I want to see something scary, I'll watch the news. Will it be mindless fun? I hope so.

15. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Let's put it this way, I now see that it will at least be what Ghosts of Mars wanted to be and failed horribly at. So how can I rag on Jason X while GoMars exists in the world. [​IMG]
    But I will be waiting for rental. [​IMG]

16. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I haven't decided if I will go see it in theaters. The only movie I have payed to see in the theaters in the past year was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Of course I'll rent the dvd.

17. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Oh baby, I can't wait. I also enjoy cornball horror flicks, from the Troma classics to CHUD. Yes, I'll probably buy the DVD for this, and I know it will force me to buy the rest of the series, too. (I only have the first 2 currently.)

18. Romier S

Romier S Producer

19. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Scott W,
    Did you hear that BWP 3 has been confirmed and that the original directors will be directing it? [​IMG]

20. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

From what I've been reading, ealry reviews are saying the film is actually quite good.