What's new

*** Official HD support, 5.1 & 16:9 Game Survey Thread (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Any word on House of the Dead 3 yet? Is it 16x9?
Will the gun work in 480p mode?
Has anyone even played it yet? :)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
word from a post on Gamefaqs.com - the madcatz gun WILL NOT WORK with an hdtv. bummer.

BUT, if another developer makes a gun that can support 480p, we might be in luck. But i also seem to remember people saying madcatz was the only gun coming out.

looks like i'll push my purchase date for the xbox back a couple of weeks or months.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Xbox
Tony Hawk 4
480p- Yes
720p- Yes
16:9- Yes
DD5.1- Yes
Custom Soundtrack- Yes
I've not checked 16:9 in 480p yet, but will later this evening.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
anybody know the status of 16:9 and 5.1 for MLB Slugfest 20-03 on the Xbox. I dont see it listed on the giant list, and the only comment about it in this thread was not a definitive answer.

Thanks guys

Mike

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
XBOX - Toe Jam & Earl....

something isnt jiving....

The mfg says its 5.1 DD and the voices pan well enough to certainly call it 5.1

And try as I might - I cannot get it in 16:9 with my 16:9 native system - the only game this hasnt worked with my system...Is there any confirmation whether the 16:9 by the above poster is a stretch mode invoked by the TV - Because this title is NOT 16:9 for my system....

Seth Bohlen

Auditioning
Yes, Toe Jam & Earl is 16x9. The opening cut scenes have the black bars on the sides which go away when the actual game starts. If the game didn't support 16x9, they of course wouldn't have bothered with adding the bars to the 4x3 cut-scenes.

Seth

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Toe Jam & Earl is 16x9. The opening cut scenes have the black bars on the sides which go away when the actual game starts. If the game didn't support 16x9, they of course wouldn't have bothered with adding the bars to the 4x3 cut-scenes.
Then the developers did a disservice....because up to now, not a single Xbox title gave me trouble - but this one does....It plays as 4:3 even inside the game....Its likely those opening sequences are screwing with the auto setup. But this is the info I was hoping for - at least now, I can try and troubleshoot the problem...

Thanks for the info...

Seth Bohlen

Auditioning
That sounds strange. Do you mean you still have the black bars (while tv is in 16x9 mode) during gameplay as opposed to the image appearing stretched? I wouldn't think that the cutscenes being 4x3 would interfere with the actual game. Do you by chance have DOA3? This game also begins with black bars on the side during the quick little intro. Perhaps if that is what is causing it, it would also happen with this game. Just a thought.

Seth

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Its a projector....but I discovered the problem....it puts 4:3 games into "just" mode for justify. Which manages to make other 4:3 titles widescreen from the start....With TJ&E it does that it has the black bars on the side and when the game starts it just remains 4:3 during gameplay....I just forced 16:9 and it did exactly as described....Thanks to the info, I was at least able to fix it....After reading it was 16:9 I was trying to troubleshoot the opening screen and of course that didnt work....

Thanks for the help in the matter....this was the first title I had that created this problem, but it is solved and now no how to fix it if it crops up in the future...

Jon Diehl

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Buffy is 480p and DD5.1.

It is 4:3, but looks fine when stretched on a 16:9 screen.

Great game, and a great bargain @ $24.99 (EB, Amazon, etc) if you don't have it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks