What's new

***Official Halo 2 E3 Video Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You've probably already worked it out, Ben, but that's just the way BitTorrent works. It doesn't download the video in original order, so it's more than likely going to be corrupt until the file finishes. You should be able to click on the BitTorrent file (not the incomplete file) and pick up where you left off.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Is there any reason I should get rid of Download Accelerator Plus and use Bit Torrent instead? Sounds like they do the same thing..

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I downloaded it and then burned it to a DVD so I could watch it on my TV with 5.1. Well, the video came out very well, but it's only reading as Pro Logic. Does anyone have idea why that is?

I used Roxio 6 to convert from WMV to DVD... if that helps anyone answer me.

Thanks...
Tom

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
So it looks like there'll be rail shooter-like sequences? At least that's what it seemed like when the master chief was the gunner and the other guy was driving. That would be an interesting element in this game, because there were times in the old Halo where I wished I could be the gunner and have the other guy drive the vehicle.

Loved the new weapons. The one that's like RtCW's paratrooper rifle which lets you shoot rapid fire while zoomed in will be nice, and the dual sub-machine guns will be really cool too.

Is the game going to switch around between cut-scenes and action as much as this video indicated? That might work really well, or be pretty annoying. Or maybe they just picked a section like that for the demo?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm convinced there's no real 5.1 audio in this soundtrack. I can hear traces of multichannel encoding up front but all I can get is DPL II, which is not 5.1.

This is probably the only board on the net complaining about this "feature" hehe.

James St

Supporting Actor
Clicking on audio properties this is what I found.

Windows Media Audio 9 Professional
384 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 channel 24 bit 2-pass VBR

I have an optical cable running from my audigy to my receiver and it didn't pass any 5.1 either. Perhaps only get true 5.1 when using WMP 9.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Brian, maybe you guys just need to release your game before this one then :)

To me, it looked like this was from an early part of the game & focused on introducing the player to the new toys & scenario.
Good point. I also wonder if the part where he jumps onto the ghost and kicks the bad guy off it was a cutscene, or something you'll be able to control in the game.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I think it was a cutscene, for two reasons. First, Cortana's comments are directly related to the actions. Second, whenever the camera "steps back" and we see the Chief performing actions, it has always been scripted.

Although... perhaps it is the first time the move is performed, and later we can do it, just like jumping in a warthog.

Ok, I just convinced myself that it could go either way. :)

-Dave

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Did I miss something. I downloaded a trailer and it all it shows is the master cheif walking thru the ship, then he jumps out and heads towards what I am assuming is earth. Is there another trailier I should be looking at?

Thanks
R~

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Like the Terminator 2 Extreme Edition high-definiation DVD, you will not get 5.1 digital output unless you have a PC that can encode Dolby Digital in real-time using the DirectSound 3D API. No add-in card can do this, not even the latest Audigy cards. ONLY the nforce chipset-based motherboards will get you true 5.1 surround sound through the digital output.

You will need to use the analog outputs of your soundcards to get the 5.1 surround sound experience.

If NVIDIA ever releases an external add-in card with real-time Dolby Digital encoding I'd dump AMD and get a P4 system.

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
I just downloaded it 3 different times from 2 different sites, from what i can see, this game looks amazing....
However, all the downloads are running like sh!t seams as though there at a blazing ten frames per second? anyone else having this problem or is it this piece of junk, stubborn as hell computer needing to be replaced.

Dave.A.C

Agent
In the interviews with the Bungie guys that came out after E3, they cleared up some of the questions on the footage. The ghost jacking - bungie calls it boarding - is not a cutscene and is a move that can be pulled off during gameplay. When conditions are right, you push a button to jump on. Once on you can - if I remember correctly - either shoot the driver or kick/punch him to knock him out. The enemy can also do this to you.

The driving in the footage looks scripted, and it probably is. Although the driving in the new footage is slightly different than what I saw in the shaky cam footage. In the final game the AI driving shouldn't be on rails, though. Bungie has said that the driving AI of the marines is akin to a 16 year old's driving stlye.

The cool thing talked about in the interviews that isn't shown in the footage is the dual gun thing. They show him holding two of the same gun, but the developers say that you'll be able to have any combination of one-handed guns. Like a plasma gun in one hand and one of those little uzi in the other.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I finally got a download off one of the mirrors Friday night after trying 7 or 8 that wanted me to register. Pretty darn cool, I must say.

Also, what is the deal with BitTorrent? Seems like a cool idea with in demand downloads but has it been checked for spyware, is it opening things up on my PC to others, besides what I am downloading at present?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
The only thing that sucked was knowing I can't play it until 2004. Ghost jacking is awesome. I hope we can drive alien tanks in this one. We saw the new human guns. I wonder what new alien guns they have?

They didn't feature MC's sprint though. I would have liked to see it.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Is there a way to convert the wmv file to an MPEG-2 or DVD-file that already has the 5.1 encoded into it? Like the same format as what Tom Fudold burned onto a DVD except the file wouldbe on my computer to be played on PowerDVD instead of on the DVD?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hah! I think Bit Torrent is spyware.. I got some (Aconti)and wondered where it came from, BT is probably the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks