What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

***Official Halo 2 E3 Video Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Dave.A.C

Agent
In case anyone here is interested, Bungie will finally be releasing a high quality direct feed video of Halo 2 gameplay tomorrow (Friday).

The WM9 version will be 640x480 with DD5.1 and weigh in at 150 M. There will also be a Quicktime version, I don't know anything about that one though.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Excellent, the glimpses from E3 videos with people filming a screen were nice but I wanna see it directly.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Hey, maybe that is why there are no dedicated Live servers, they need them all for Friday morning. ;)

Jordan Raup

Stunt Coordinator
I soon as i download this i'm going to burn it on a cd and play it my DVD player with 5.1 surround sound
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
hmmm.. I wonder if the S/PDIF output on my mobo will pass the DD5.1 stream.

Thanks for the info David!! Hopefully this thread will be littered with links tommorrow. :)

Dave.A.C

Agent
I think it goes live at noon central time. bungie.net, halo.bungie.org, xbox.ign.com gamespot.com should all have links to it.

I wish I had a good HTPC to get the full experience, for now I'll have to just do without the big screen and suround sound. I'm guessing that the next OXM will have the video on the demo DVD, then I'll get to experience it via the HT.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I downloaded this last night from Gamespot's Kontiki service.

Video sure is sweet and the sounds are much more defined.

This game is really going to be the 2nd coming when it's on a widescreen hd, running through a killer sound system!

Dave.A.C

Agent
Are you sure about that Derrik? Gamespot has had a pretty good camcoder-pointed-at-screen version - with what appears to be direct feed audio - available since the day after the E3 press conference. Weighs in at something like 100 M. But nobody has had the direct feed video available because Bungie hasn't released it. I also have Gamespot's download manager but have seen nothing about the official video being available. This is all Gamespot has to say:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...s_6029829.html

Earlier this week, Microsoft announced that it will release a high-resolution video (complete with 5.1 channel surround sound) of the eight-minute E3 demonstration of its forthcoming first-person shooter Halo 2. To help GameSpot's users get this video as quickly as possible, we invite you to click here to subscribe to Halo 2 so that you'll automatically get high-speed downloads of high-quality versions of any Halo 2-related videos via the GameSpot Download Manager as soon as they're available. Our Halo 2 subscription is open to GameSpot registered users, as well as GameSpot Complete members. Click here if you wish to register for free to be able to subscribe to Halo 2 (and other games soon) on GameSpot.

Dave.A.C

Agent
Ahh, it looks like Gamespot has a lower resolution 9 M preview of the full video available. That must be what you're referencing.

Edit - maybe not. The preview video is just "trailer" made from the camcorder footage.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Hmm, trying to download it now but the servers are swamped. I can't even connect!
Hmm, the only one that would connect is the Lo-Res quicktime. Oh well, I can always download the hi res later.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I downloaded it at GameSpot earlier today. Took about 15 minutes. No fuss, no muss. I originally went to IGN, but their server was hammered.

Gary

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot... This thing looks AMAZING!!:D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Sure, it's great that they're releasing this to the public now, BUT COME ON!

IT's SO DAMN AMAZING, I DON'T THINK I CAN WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS!!!

oh well, Halo (1) will have to keep me busy until 2...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Looks ridiculously good. I'm making this the official H2 discussion thread as I'm sure it's going to get a lot of press.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
Argh! I was downloading using bittorrent, when after 2 hours, with 5 minutes left, I accidently hit the space bar which apparently closed the download. Since I had almost all of the trailer, I figured I could still play it, but no, WMP said it was corrupted. :angry: I suppose I'll try again later tonight.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry -everything you've downloaded has been saved. Just start the download again and save the file to the same location. It looks like it will overwrite the file, but it will just start a resume.

-Dave

Jordan Raup

Stunt Coordinator
I just downloaded the video and it looks amazing. I cant wait for Halo 2 with LIVE. It will be the BEST multiplayer experience ever if Halo 2 lives up to its hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks