What's new

*** Official Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man I hope to GOD the UPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, or Postal man comes to my mailroom RIGHT when they open at 3pm so I can get my copy asap. On a sidenote, does anyone know how EBgames ships their 1 day overnight orders? For those of you who are playing now, I'm green with envy. I'm listening to some 80's tunes though to get me in the mood to play tomorrow ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Oh man I cannot wait for this game. At first I had doubts about the whole 80's theme, but who gives a crap, it's GTA and frikkin' Ray Liotta is in it. C'mon Tuesday!!!:D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much in agreement with Dean above. Awesome game. Its what you expect and more. The game runs smoother than GTA 3, the streaming from the disc is done much better this time around.
The bikes are awesome, the city is huge and beautiful. The story is better, the missions appear to be more interesting. Looking good.
I want to test the targeting system a little more since that was my biggest gripe with GTA3 but Ill have to wait till tommorrow since I have to get up at 4am for work, so its bed time for me:D.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Steven, How could you possibly not even play for 10mins? :)
I didn't follow any of the development for this game, I thought it was more of an 'add-on' than a full blown story. I can't wait to play this game, November 15th is the release in Australia. So you guys will be bragging about it for a few weeks and i'll have to give GTA III a few more spins.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
OK OK,

I just popped it in. The game is incredible. Being a GTA3 fanatic, the controls are mostly the same..... To me, the graphics look better..... Control feels tighter, and slightly slower.... But smooth.....I high-jacked a Ferrari Testerosa, and a moped..... Went into the first building..... I could swear Tom Sizemore is one of the voice actors in this game... Beat up a cop, and stole his gun. Targeting looks pretty cool.

Ok, I must go to sleep......

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, except I won't get my copy of GTA until 3pm at the earliest tomorrow :angry: Atleast when I was a kid I only had to make it to 7am. Something tells me I'm gonna play this game for atleast 3 hours tomorrow. I hope my roommate and girlfriend don't mind too much. she already thinks I like the 80's a bit too much but this game can only add to that ;)

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Nick,
You might need to import this game from NZ or the UK as the OFLC will more than likely be censoring our version of GTA: Vice City.
You know what they did to GTA3...as here in Australia we have no R rating for games :angry: :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was talking about that with a friend today. I was lucky because I got my GTA III on the first day, so I wasn't really worried about censoring at the time. Hopefully it slips through first :). If it is censored and I opt to import, would I have to mod the PS2 at all?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I was talking about that with a friend today. I was lucky because I got my GTA III on the first day, so I wasn't really worried about censoring at the time. Hopefully it slips through first . If it is censored and I opt to import, would I have to mod the PS2 at all?
Not if you import from another PAL region like the UK.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I have had GTA:VC preordered since the day it was announced at E3, back in May. Ebgames.com shows my order has not shipped. I hope that's because there's a delay in their ordering system showing updated status.

If, when I return home from work today, there is no copy of GTA:VC (as well as Shenmue 2 for XBox) waiting for me patiently.. I'll be.. disappointed.

They say violent videogames lead to violent behavior.

Wrong.

Not delivering my GTA:VC in a timely manner after months of waiting is what will lead to violent fucking behavior.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
The game's out, so it should have shipped, Josh :frowning:. They sent me a confirmation e-mail this morning and FedEx shows it left the KY facility last night. Hurry up and get to VA!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Got my confirmation too. It's on a fedex truck from East Granby CT to Norwich CT where it will then be sent for delivery today. AHHH the anticipation is killing me! I actually had a dream about this game last night. Can't wait until this afternoon.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I ordered it from Amazon as part of the 3 for 2 special. It looks like I'll be getting it in a second shipment, so I'll have it first week of November. This will work out just fine as I'm still a SOCOM addict and need to finish Kingdom Hearts.

Good god. Then I will have GTA:VC, Suikoden, and Contra.

Does anyone have a couch I can sleep on?

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I went to 2 friggin best buys and a walmart today looking for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and no luch whatsoever. I didn't expect to find any at Best Buy, but was hoping they put it out early. My Walmart, who is supposed to release it today, doesn't even have it. I'm actually releaved that Walmart doesn't have it. It's ten bucks cheaper at Best Buy and I hate Walmart. I can't wait for tommorow. You people who have it now are so lucky. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks