What's new

*** Official "Gamecube" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Alright, anyone have experience with third party controllers?

I've never really seen a controller i've liked more than the ones that come with the system but just curious if anyone else has had any luck?

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
Nintendo is broadening its outlook on games and you should see a good variety of titles for young and old.
Here's hoping that Nintendo/Rare release a GameCube sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day!! This has to be one of my favorite N64 games.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Well, I've spent some time with my new Gamecube and all I can say is I'm having a blast! Rogue Squadron, Pikmin, SSBM, Super Monkey Ball, and Madden are all fantastic. Luckily my local video store is renting Gamecube games so I've had the chance to sample a lot of games without having to buy them (at least until after the holidays.) Now I just need to get a set of component cables and a switch box and I'll be all set.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I so love my GameCube but haven't been playing much because of work, school, plus all my games require memory cards to enjoy( RS2, SSBM, and WR: Blue Storm). Don't get me wrong, GC is so damn awesome (sorry, I'm watching Access Hollywood impatiently waiting to see Austin Powers 3 and Spider man "semi trailers") that I'll never get sick of it. I just can't wait for my new TV (that I'm saving for..) and component cables.

-Bert

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just opened Luigi's Mansion today (sort of an early Christmas present) and here are some early impressions:

Its pretty good.

More to come...

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Hooray! Christmas came a few days early for me as well. Last night my girlfriend showed up at home with a GameCube and a couple of games - "Wave Race" and "Pikmin." No extras were available, however. No extra controllers, no memory cards, and for sure no component cables. Is nintendo.com still the only place to get one of those?
So I am astonished. "Wave Race" is even better than I had imagined (reviews had me somewhat worried). The weather effects are so cool! I played "Pikmin" for a little while, but stopped because I knew I'd have to do it all over again once I got a memory card. So far the game looks very interesting and fun.
I can't wait to see if "Simpson's Road Rage" is any good,
Pieter

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Pieter,

Just keep searching for periphereals. They're out there somewhere. They may be in high demand but i'm sure after extensive searching you'll be able to find some.

Does anyone know when interac is going to be releasing their 16x memory card?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Haven't heard anything good about Road Rage, so if I were you, I'd go with something else first and put that at the bottom of your list.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I got a Gamecube about 2 weeks ago,along with Rouge Leader,and I am totally amazed! I hadn't seriously played a console system in over 4 years because I was just getting sick of keeping up with them. But when I got a look at Rouge Leader on TechTV's "Extended Play",I new I had to get a Gamecube. My only gripe about the system is the lack of an optical digital output. The graphics are awesome,the controller kicks ass, and the games rule(hopefully their all this good!).

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Well I just got my GameCube and it's just

awesome. I rented Lugi's Mansion, Wave Race,

and Universal Studios and there so much fun

to play.later.

-Mike

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
The wife and I picked up a cube over the weekend. Having been away from gaming for a couple of years I was blown away. Rogue Leader in DPL2 was amazing. Iwas looking behind the couch for tie fighters on my tail.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Thanks got my fix of this discussion. Great Views.

Never owned I guess will call it a tvgamesystem. Cause parents, but had computers.

Nintendo, Sega, Atari, Sony, etc....

Still deciding. Cube looks the best plan.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I want a Gamecube more badly. Well Im awaiting for a good bundle to get.
Rodrick - Nintendo is currently offering the Metroid Prime bundle, which includes MP, plus a playable demo of the upcoming sequel, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, all for $99 (US).

Rodrick

Second Unit
Where did you find that?

Cubes here as a bundle have something different. I hear Metroid is good.

Wanting a Gameboy player bundle with extra controller too.

I see the package here for $129 with some Zelda bundle.

My friend still likes the Cube even though his spindle broke. He's gonna buy one anyways with or with out me.

I told him what people are telling me to SHUT UP ABOUT HIS TOPLOADER PROBS. SO I WILL. HE'S STILL TELLING ME TO STOP GOING TO THESE DARN FORUMS. AND DON'T HAVE TO TELL STRANGERS ON THE NET ABOUT HIS BROKEN TOPLOADERS.

Sorry just want opinions.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
The Zelda bundle was Nintendo's Christmas 2003 promotion. (GameCube with a LOZ Collector's Disc).
The Metroid Prime bundle started a few weeks ago and should be readily available at your local retailer.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks