What's new

*** Official Eternal Darkness (Gamecube) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
How does the DPLII sound in set up that doesn't support it? I bought my receiver about six months to early. :frowning: The game should arrive early next week, I can't wait!
-Andre F

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone help me finish the chapter with Karim?

I've killed off the baddies and gained the recover spell, but now what. I've tried sticking the Ram Dao into the slot on the green door, but nothing happens

What have I missed or done wrong?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Stuck once again. Post Ch 6
I just finished chapter 6 and got the essence of mantarok from the bookcase.
Now what? I've tried everything and looked everywhere but I can't find the next page.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I slept over my friend's house last night along with a few other people and after we played SSBM on a 61" Hitachi Ultravision HDTV (with the component cables :)) and after we all Tbagged my friend who fell asleep (:D), we played Erectile Dy.. I mean Eternal Darkness..no no Bert not funny, hellup.
At first, I got pissed at my friend because he skipped the Nintendo movie and stuff, I was like "What the hell!!?!? You pay 50 bucks and you don't eve watch the dan intro and shite!" Sidenote: Pisses me off, most of my friends niglect their games and console and DVDs, all thrown on the ground and games not neatly stacked or arranged, my friend's GC has a friggin black gash thing in the front!! What the hell!!!!!!
Anywho, while I was watching, I was thinking, "What the hell?" All these delays and we get second hand graphics, now don't get me wrong I wanted to violently rape my friend and steal ED from him since I wasn't the one playing it, and he was spoiling it for me and I couldn't go upstairs because his parents were having a party, and the game is tieeeeeeeeet.
The character models, what the hell? The FMVs were very grainy to me. But some cool ass sound effects like the water dripping when the
young doctor? is saying the Darkness will get us all or something
..sounds nice in DPLII.
Question:
When you finish the Doctor's chapter, it shows [him???] in the room as a basketcase right? If so, is that him as young or old, my friend was like "no!!no! that's him old"..

I still think Resident Evil crushes this but I still want it because the game is very unique.
-Bert

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Kevin:
You need to enchant the ram dao with the 'enchant item' scroll so that it's the appropriate color as the door, THEN stick it in the slot. Otherwise nothing will happen.

Dave:
With the spells you got from Chapter Six you can go and dispel the stained glass window on the second floor and it will reveal your next chapter page.

Ahh, only two chapters left. Looks like around 14 hours for me on this one. And another fifteen or so to get the uber-ending :D. There's so much history they can tie together in other ways that I dearly, dearly already want a sequel to this game in the worst way possible.
Even one throwaway mention of the 'Marie Celeste' in an item description made me think of what a kick-ass chapter that would be... :emoji_thumbsup:

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'm still looking for someone who DOESN'T have DPL2 to comment on the sound in Eternal Darkness. Anyone?
-Andre F

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Andre, I don't have DPLII, but I'm still impressed with the sound quality. I have the game set to stereo sound with my reciever on DPL. The surround effects are quite good with a decent amount of bass.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad I was robbed back in January :D My reciever that was stolen was an Onkyo DD/DTS that didn't have PL II. My new one is virtually the same model but with PL II. I tell you, the sound on ED and Rogue Leader is incredible. I can't believe it's not DD.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I finally found a 2nd alignment rune, so now I have two to choose from when chanting spells.

A word about the graphics, I just started the chapter w/ Max. When I went into the kitchen, and in front of the fireplace, I was blown away! If you stand just to left of the fireplace, the moon light shinning through the window, and over the table & chairs looks simply stunning. This game does get more impressive graphically as you get further into it.

As far as RE crushing this... In my opinion RE doesn't even come close. Sure, RE has beautiful static backgrounds, but the robotic character movement kinda takes away from it. ED's animation is top notch, and the graphics just keep getting better.

I rank this game up their with Super Mario 64, Shenmue, Super Metroid, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark & Halo.

paul_v

Second Unit
Ok I'm stuck after the chapter you play the slave. I can't find the next chapter page =(

Any help would be appreciated.

This game is pretty good =)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Paul, I'm not sure which character you're playing as, since there are two who could technically fit that description, but I'll give you advice for both ;). Remember that every chapter shows your character learning a new skill or magic, and that's almost always how you find the next chapter page.
Post-Chapter 2:
This one involves the candles in the study with the tome. Just light and extinguish them as you did in the previous chapter to match the picture.

Post-Chapter 8:
Again, in the study, go to the detailed diagram of the tower of bodies on the back wall. If you examine it, Alex gets the option to survey it. Doing so reveals the next chapter page.

Hope that helps!

paul_v

Second Unit
Thanks Mark! I forgot about that little detail. I'll check it out.

Sorry Bert. I thought the detail was insignificant. I had no idea someone would be that anal about it. Sheesh

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I am stuck in the second chapter I think? It is the one where you play with that girl inside some ruins. I have reached a room with a huge monter, and I got some kng of pole from a statue......now what??? can anyone help please?
GREAT GAME by the way!
Thanks!

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
another question........is there anything I need to do to see the spoilers posted in this thread?? I can't see them all I see is a black box with he words "spolier"!

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Jose,

Just use your cursor and click / highlite over the "spoiler" area. It essentially creates a negative effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks