What's new

*** Official E3 Announcements & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
can anyone hear the music in the panzer movie? If you can, is it as good as the older games?.. wish i could see the movies for myself..:frowning:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sony announced a number of key details concerning its online plans for the PlayStation 2 at this morning's pre-E3 press conference. The PlayStation 2 Network Adapter will be coming out on 8/27 and retail for $39.99. The Adapter will come bundled with a startup kit which will include game demos and a coupon for Twisted Metal: Black Online.
Expect further details concerning Sony's PlayStation 2 online plans and game line-up during our continuing coverage of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...866714,00.html

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Heres my opinions on what I care about that has been shown so far:

PD Orta - I've almost ran out of clean pants from blowing my wad everytime I see this game.

Knights of the Old Republic - Bioware might just possibly be little gifts from god.

DOA Extreme Vollyball - Why do I keep hopelessly staring at these pics? Oh I know why, bewbies!

Star Wars Galaxies - Vader looks sweet, as does this game. Too bad we have to wait a year to get space combat.

Ninja Gaiden & Shinobi - I'm gonna be Ninja'd out by these two, looking forward to both.

PD Orta - Damn there went my last pair of pants.

Metroid: Prime - Possible Halo killer??? Looks badass from the screenshots, hopefully it won't play like ass.

Zelda - How could you not be excited to play this? It looks like a damn cartoon....a good lookin' cartoon at that.

XBox Live - I'm so happy to have broadband. I will be so happy to be able to talk with my fellow Phantasy Star Online teammates, as typing just takes too long.

and I've saved the best for last:

Doom III - Someone hold me I'm scared. id kicks my ass again.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I have zero interest in MvsC2 on the XBox etc... Are there going to be /any/ additions to the almost two year old DC perfect port?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
I have no idea. PS2 is getting the same thing.
I would much rather see a disc compiling all the Darkstalkers/Vampire games. :)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Taken from theforce.net:
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast announced for the X-box and the Gamecube:
Press Release: Jedi Outcast for Xbox and Gamecube!
Tue, May 21, 02 03:41:28 PM EDT
Pretty big news, considering I said it would never happen (well I said it could happen for Xbox). It looks like one of the best single-player Star Wars stories is coming to a console near you.
LUCASARTS TO BRING BEST SELLING STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT II: JEDI OUTCAST TO GAMECUBE AND XBOX
Latest in Critically Acclaimed Action Game Series to be Available This Winter for Two Next Generation Console Systems
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- May 21, 2002 -- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, the popular action game predicted by many in the media as a favorite to win best PC title of 2002, will make its debut on Nintendo GameCube and Xbox this winter. Star Wars Jedi Outcast from LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC, presents the first opportunity for console game players to experience the latest chapter in one of the most enduring and popular interactive game series. Star Wars Jedi Outcast is a dynamic action experience that continues the saga of the once-powerful Jedi Knight, Kyle Katarn, as he struggles with the power - and dangers - of the Force. Through a multitude of complex and richly detailed Star Wars environments, players face a variety of powerful enemies and once again fight for the Rebel cause. Armed with the power of the Force and an arsenal of weapons, including a Jedi Knight's signature lightsaber, players hold the fate of the Star Wars galaxy and the destiny of Kyle Katarn in their hands.Star Wars Jedi Outcast for PC was developed by Activision, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Raven Software. LucasArts and Activision will partner again on the GameCube and Xbox versions, which are being developed by Vicarious Visions.
You can find the link here:
Jedi Outcast

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Great-now as long as they play a LOT of Halo first to get the controls down, I'll be happy. Glad that I'll finally be able to play this without dropping a bunch of cash on a new PC.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Not at all. I'm saying if you've got a DC, why not just buy VC which is already out instead of waiting for the offchance of it being released.
Because I have Hunter and Savior on the Saturn and haven't been that motivated.

I don't think there's a chance in hell of it actually getting released in 'region one' for any system.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Direct feed E3 trailers! These are must downloads for all GCN owners. :D The first link is to Nintendo's site. It might help if you right-click on the link and save to your hard drive. If Nintendo.com is not fast enough, try the mirror link:
Link Removed
mirror
Link Removed
mirror
Link Removed
mirror
Link Removed
mirror

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
No pun intended? Yeah, right! :D
So far this is the best announcement of E3 for me!
-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
To go off the the main topic here, "Opening the Xbox" was an extraordinarily interesting read. :emoji_thumbsup: Wow.
-Sony announced today that "The console wars are over". Nintendo cried all the way to the bank today, & MS offered to buy the entire country of Japan, but they "are not interested".
-Dan

LewisD

Grip
Has anyone noticed that the offical high-rez screens of Panzer Dragoon ORTA are widescreen?? Let us hope that the game is indeed in 480P/16x9....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks