What's new

*** Official Discussion Thread - "1776" - 12 to 5 column at DVDAngle.com - (1 Viewer)

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Another insult is the $29.95 list price! WTF is that all about? First don't deliver extra features that were promised (like the excised scenes), then overcharge for the disc. BTW--I'm apparently the only one who thought that Lee's return (now removed from the film again) was the funniest scene in the whole film ("full breasted, Johnny")!

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Actually it's "Full bosomed, Benjy!" :)
The satisfaction in being able to watch the best version of the film yesterday can not be measured.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
"I stand corrected!"
All I can think of now is "SIT DOWN....." :D

DeeF

Screenwriter
Anybody note the problem I have -- most of "Molasses to Rum" is out of sync picture to sound. The syncing returns during the last verse.

I've tried it on 3 different machines, all the same. So it's a problem on the disk.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Any chance this article can be cut-and-pasted here? It appears DVDAngle.com is no longer around, and I'd love to read about this. I was one of those who anxiously awaited the release of 1776 on DVD (even sold off my Pioneer laserdisc), only to be horrified by the version Peter Hunt and Columbia Studios put out. Not only were 15 wonderful minutes of footage missing, but the color and timing appeared to be off in certain scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks