What's new

Oddly shaped room speaker setup (1 Viewer)

rrichardson27

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I have an oddly shaped living room and I needed to maximize the space I do have for the new Nintendo Wii my wife bought me for my b-day/anniversary. I am stumped now as to how to arrange the speakers for the best sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Living in military houseing has its limitations on what I can do. I have attached a crude drawing of the living room and how it is set up as of now. Thanks alot.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Holy crap - did you just buy my condo or something?

I just moved out of a place where i ran that setup for about 6 yrs

My fronts and center were all in a row, with about 3" between each of them

The only thing i could do was to have the surrounds FACE each other, instead of facing forward - this did make the sound better

My sub worked better underneath the Left Surround - you might give that a try

The only other option i thought of, but didn't get to - go 6.1 - move your right surround to beside the bookshelf (by the chair end) and put a rear center where your right surround used to be

Hope this helps

Otherwise, remember that even with this challenging setup, it still sounds WAY better than the TV speakers, and likely much better than anyone else in the area

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks