Odd Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Camp, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I use the Logitech MX-700 cordless mouse.

I wiped my HD and re-installed WinXP last week in a bit of late spring cleaning. Since the re-install I've had intermittent problems with the mouse. It will occasionally stutter quite badly. A simple glide of the cursor across the screen turns into a 2 minute fit of frustration as the mouse looses responsiveness.

The odd thing is that it'll go whole periods when everything seems normal. I have spent the last week searching for a pattern of running software but can't find anything that could be causing it.

I'm running the newest Logitech drivers. I wonder if it could be a motherboard USB problem (Abit KR-7)? Not sure. Another oddity: when the stutter begins I've found that plugging in my old Microsoft optical mouse (in addition to the Logitech) makes the Logitech return to normal. Odd.

Any ideas?

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have a logitech wireless keyboard & mouse. My mouse 'dies' everyonce in a while. The only thing that gets it back is restarting the computer. It's not the batteries because I have put new ones in and it does the same thing. I am running xp also.
    let me know if you find out anything and visa versa
    Grant

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Thanks Grant...I have also noticed a restart sometimes helps.

I'm going to check to see if the drivers for the Logitech and the Microsoft mouse are both installed. I'm not sure where Microsoft hides the Intellimouse drivers though. My theory being that perhaps the two drivers are in conflict.

4. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

Man, I just spent a few hours last night trying to figure out the same thing with my MX700. It was acting real sluggish. Changed batteries, cleaned the mouse and surface, moved the charging unit closer. I finally ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I didn't much care for all of the added software and features that came with using the setup on the Logitech install CD, so I disabled the device and used the "Add hardware" feature from Windows to install just the basic drivers from the CD. In any event, everthing seems to be working fine for me now...YMMV.

John

5. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Its your batteries. Thats always my excact symptoms, and batteries always solve it!!

try it.. come on.... prove me wrong [​IMG]

6. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

John, I'll try that. It sounds like a good idea to me.

7. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I bought new batteries and it made no difference

8. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Whenever I put my USB keyboard next to the receiver it acts weird. Is the receiver net to any electronic devices?