October Sky...

Tim Glover

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Tim Glover
This 1999 film made many of our HTF members list for one of the best films that year.

I loved it when I saw it theatrically, and loved it even more at home on dvd. I was in the mood tonight for something upbeat & wholesome and I chose October Sky.

A film like this just can't rely on being wholesome and upbeat. The story has to be compelling; characters have to be convincing; always nice to have an effective score and OS does.

If you're in the mood for something like this or even you want to be in this mood, give October Sky a spin.

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Greg
I always wanted to see this, but never did. One day, I'll get around to a blind buy.

Eric.

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Not many movies have me bawling like a girl but this was 1 of them
.The difficult father/son relationship was wonderfully portrayed by Chris Cooper and Jake Gyllenhaal .Both actors have done some fine work since then to.

Tim Glover

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Tim Glover

Right on Eric. I was hoping for some kind of Oscar nomination for one of them...

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronyee.com
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I liked the movie too and have been slow in buying the DVD (cheap!). However I always laugh at the scene when the father puts his arm around his son when he sees the rocket launch. The way the camera moves up from the ground and the way it follows the father's hand, I know I'm not the only one who thought he was going to plant his hand on his son's butt.

Christ Reynolds

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
CJ
i also liked this movie. it was trhe first time i saw chris cooper, too. he is a local guy, he lives in either plymouth (my town), or kingston (the next town over).

CJ

Rob P S

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
rob
Yeah, I love this movie and Mark Isham's wonderful score too.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Super Chief