What's new

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
According to McGregor in the Disney+ thing, he's very happy to work with Hayden again, and says the show gives them "another swing" [big smile] at each other.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to McGregor in the Disney+ thing, he's very happy to work with Hayden again, and says the show gives them "another swing" [big smile] at each other.
That's another reason why I don't think it'll be a 'real' fight between the two of them. Why even have Hayden Christensen do any of the fighting if he's going to be hidden and wearing the cumbersome Darth Vader suit? They could get a stuntman from John Wick who knows like 9 martial arts and would be vastly better at performing stunts under those conditions than Christensen would be.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Vader: "Obi-Wan, you still have my old lightsaber, right?"

Obi-Wan: "A-yup."

Vader: "Can I ask you one favor? For argument's sake, let's say I have a son. Would you give him the lightsaber when he's old enough?"

Obi-Wan: "Nope, his uncle won't allow it."

[A bit later:]

Obi-Wan: "Palpatine never told you what happened to your son."

Vader: "He told me enough. He told me I killed him!!"

Obi-Wan: "Well, he was full of shit!"

Vader: "Really? ...Uh, can you give him my lightsaber when he's old enough?"

Obi-Wan: "Nope, his uncle won't allow it."

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
-directed by Rian Johnson
I'm not against it. It could turn out really good. I believe he is better with TV episodes! :D

He made the best episode of Breaking Bad...........NOT THE FLY.... Ozymandias!

Trivia: I thought he directed 2 episodes but it's actually 3.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not against it. It could turn out really good. I believe he is better with TV episodes! :D

He made the best episode of Breaking Bad...........NOT THE FLY.... Ozymandias!

Trivia: I thought he directed 2 episodes but it's actually 3.
I'm still hoping that Johnson gets an episode in the final season of Better Call Saul but since he was shooting Knives Out 2, I imagine he didn't get to direct one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just a guess: we’ll see a trailer for this either right after next week’s finale of Boba Fett or (more likely) during the Super Bowl. And since Disney is starting Marvel’s Moon Knight on March 30, I bet Obi-wan premieres around/on May 4th.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is only one episode of Boba Fett left?! The story so far doesn't feel like they have told much.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
There is only one episode of Boba Fett left?! The story so far doesn't feel like they have told much.

Agreed... there hasn't been a lot of present-day, Boba-focused story. It's essentially Boba and Fennec getting a sense of their rivals, gathering some allies, and now preparing for the finale. But I digress...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sure sounds like it’s coming in May.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sure sounds like it’s coming in May.

I saw that Obi-Wan comic book mini-series was coming in May and had thought that too but at the same time, there hasn't been much synchronicity between Marvel and the movies and TV shows so it may mean nothing. Also, it's five issues so it'll run from May to September so starting the TV show at any point in that five month span would tie-in too.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I saw that Obi-Wan comic book mini-series was coming in May and had thought that too but at the same time, there hasn't been much synchronicity between Marvel and the movies and TV shows so it may mean nothing. Also, it's five issues so it'll run from May to September so starting the TV show at any point in that five month span would tie-in too.

Also, the framing-story of that upcoming comic miniseries takes place shortly prior to ANH, which given the lead time on this project, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Cantwell and LFL to include small references to the Ewan McGregor TV show in it -- he almost certainly might've been given access to the shooting-scripts at the very least.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Also, the framing-story of that upcoming comic miniseries takes place shortly prior to ANH, which given the lead time on this project, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Cantwell and LFL to include small references to the Ewan McGregor TV show in it -- he almost certainly might've been given access to the shooting-scripts at the very least.
Yeah, at a minimum, it will mention something from the TV show in the comics. The reader might not realize it if they're reading before the show comes out but it ain't Star Wars if there isn't some reference for the fans to spot or retroactively spot. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks