What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes, but it was TiVO'd and I hadn't watched it when I wrote that. :)

BTW the promos that ran for the Bobby Simone episode clearly said "in two weeks" and listed an 11/9/04 air date.

If anyone cares, I was kinda hoping that they'd string out the "Andy's stalker" thread for the full season and that we'd eventually find out that Alphonse Giradella was secretly behind the whole thing. Having Andy shoot him in the last episode would lend a certain symmetry to the whole series. ;)

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also have been pushing for the return of Kelly. I think Caruso would do it. He has pretty much admitted he was wrong for leaving Blue. I think if the producers could get over it. It would be a big ratings draw.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Which is exactly why CBS wouldn't be too crazy about the idea. :) (Although given that this is Blue's last season, it isn't like they'd be adding new viewers to a show that would continue to compete with their own network.)

For that matter I hope Charlotte Ross reconsiders and puts in at least on on-screen appearance as Connie before the season is over. It would be one thing if we never followed Andy home or saw him with Theo, but it just feels contrived as hell that Connie is still a character in the story but only as a voice we never hear on the other end of a phone or a shape under the blankets in a darkened bedroom.

Regards,

Joe

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
From the grave? He was whacked in the hotel room by the window washer when Laura was in the bathroom.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Boy, you forget one little detail. :) Hey, Bobby's coming back, all bets are off. What? Didn't Alphonse have any sons, nephews, brothers who might blame Sipowicz and want to avenge him? :D

Regards,

Joe

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
So, last night had Jimmy Smitts show up as Bobby Simone on NYPD Blue.

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the NYPD Blue newsgroup, I thought this was the stongest episode of the season. Bobby comes to help Andy with his feelings about his life, his kids, and his partner. Really touching.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
And beautifully performed by Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits -- a reminder of what exceptional chemistry those two had during some of Blue's best years.

And you gotta love Medavoy standing up to that belligerent bar patron.

M.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Liked the conversation between Andy & Bobby. Hopefully, it will help both Andy & John. Glad to see Medavoy able to do the job. It gets kinda of annoying how his character is portrayed.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been out of touch for awhile but have watched the last few episodes. Andy has 3 kids? I thought it was just Theo and the new baby he had with Connie. Did she already have a kid or did they have twins?

I liked Bobby's appearance, though it seemed a little out of place for this show. I assumed it was gonna be a dream sequence.

Ric

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
quote:I've been out of touch for awhile but have watched the last few episodes. Andy has 3 kids? I thought it was just Theo and the new baby he had with Connie. Did she already have a kid or did they have twins?

There's Theo. Connie had a baby. And Connie's sister was killed by her husband, leaving the Sipowicz's to care for her baby. Connie left the force to be a stay at home mom.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
quote:I've been out of touch for awhile but have watched the last few episodes. Andy has 3 kids? I thought it was just Theo and the new baby he had with Connie. Did she already have a kid or did they have twins?

Connie got custody of her deceased sister's baby last season and had a baby with Andy, so it's Theo, her sister's daughter and the new baby. Connie is also a "stay at home" mom now, which is Hollywood speak for "she's no longer appearing on camera due to contract issues".

Edit - Whoops, John beat me to it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, guys. I guess we won't be seeing much of Andy's home life. At least they didn't kill her off, that guy has been through enough!

Ric

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
quote:which is Hollywood speak for "she's no longer appearing on camera due to contract issues".

Actually it is Hollywood speak for "She just had a baby in real life (hence her pregnancy on the show) and decided to take some time off to raise it." Not everything is about money, even in Hollywood. With luck maybe the producers can persuade her to make one appearance before the end of the season. It would be a shame for her not to be featured in the series finale, given how long she was with the show.

Regards,

Joe

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote:Connie got custody of her deceased sister's baby last season

Actually the season before (season 10), after a return appearance by Diane Russell and a showdown in court with the baby's paternal grandparents. I thought that would be the shocker of the season -- and then came the shooting!

M.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Joseph,

This would be in the "Don't hold your breath" catagory. According to reports, Ms. Ross was not the easiest person to get along with on set. Even the perenial nice guy Dennis Franz had to temper his words about her. I was looking for the exact quote he gave about it, but couldn't find it.

The other quote I could find from Franz was this

quote:wish I could say she was coming back, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be the case, he said. We spent a great deal of time letting the audience accept that relationship. To have that just chopped off from under me -- I felt gypped.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Bobby's appearance would have been nicer if it was a surprise. Instead, they promoed the heck out of it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote:Bobby's appearance would have been nicer if it was a surprise.

That was originally the plan. Note that Jimmy Smits didn't appear in the opening credits. But then word leaked out, as it usually does in this day and age. So at that point, they figured they might as well promote it.

M.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Bale Out 12/14/04

Wow, wasn't expecting that one. Might explain why Bale was in IAB. Pretty cool how Andy played it, too!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yup..definitely came out of left field...should be interesting to watch it play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks