What's new
World Wide Stereo

Nuance ELX series Pics (1 Viewer)

Luke Magdy

Auditioning
Hi I am wondering If anyone has pics of the Nuance ELX series speakers these are the ones that are 500 watt amp inside 3 subs and are over 7ft tall? if you could post some pics that would be great and no I did not unload all my saving to buy these I got a wicked deal for them.:emoji_thumbsup:

Nuance:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Nuance, ugh, I hate em. I had a pair, thought they were OK, untill they blew for no apparent reason. They are a joke, and all the dealers around here agree. Btw, can ya make the sig pic a LITTLE smaller.

Jason GT

Second Unit
You know, I was in Edmonton last week and checked out those infamous International Stereo stores.

Really "interesting".

I ended up visiting two of them and they were pretty much the same -- a section for car audio, a whole whack of television sets on display, and Nuance up, in, and around the wazoo. No other speakers available.

What is also interesting is that they do apparently carry some pretty decent stuff (Elite, HK).

My guess is that International Stereo is the retail arm for Nuance. :P

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
You paid $1599 too much I'm afraid to say. Honestly if it isn't too late return them before you're stuck with them.

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what International's return policy is like, but you should RUN, not walk, these speakers back for a refund.

It's really too bad you did not run accross the Nuance threads on this site before comitting, you could have saved yourself a lot of pain.

Only The Dumb Ones get Caught
Really, really sorry, but that is exactly what Nuance relies on for sales...

Nick V

Second Unit
I'm not familiar with the Nuance lineup, but paying $1600 for the whole 5.1 set (if I'm understanding correctly) is NOT the end of the world IMO. What else can you get for $1600 in Canada? Not all that much, and I'm sure that he could sell his just about brand new Nuance ELX package for 5 times what he payed for them to some schmuck who believes the hype.

Just advertise them in the newspaper, and I bet you'll have a bunch of interest.

If you think the Nuance speakers sound amazing, you owe it to yourself to check out some really great speakers, at a fraction of the cost. Here are just a few: Energy, Paradigm, B&W, Dynaudio, PSB, Martin Logan, NHT, Definitive Technology, Mirage, Klipsch, and the list goes on and on...

Cam S

Screenwriter
but paying $1600 for the whole 5.1 set (if I'm understanding correctly) is NOT the end of the world IMO.
It IS if those speakers are Nuance, which in this case they are. Those speakers are worth about 250 bucks for the entire set, they are GARBAGE. I owned a pair of big bookshelves that we got years ago from an insurance claim, and they could only be listened to for 30 minutes without your ears hurting, now that is shit.

DarwinU

Grip

no it's definitely not the end of the world...but for $1600cdn one can buy any one of the smaller packages from the other Canadian brands.
Axiom, Dahlquist, Athena, and Energy(Take) come to mind, all have great sounding speaker packages at this price point(or less). There's also the Paradigm Cinema series and the Mirage Omnisat Micro, athough I haven't heard these myself.
However, you're right though, if Luke is stuck with his decision let's try not to add too much salt to the wound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks