What's new

N'Sync gone from Episode II (2 Viewers)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, theres yet more I have to comment on, please read these with the sarcasm turned to full, cos boy do they deserve it:
The fact is every big event film will always have marketing surrounding them. If that disappoints you, then you're in for a lot of disappointment.
It certainly doesn't diappoint me. Marketing is a big part of cinema. Neither does the marketing of Star Wars toys/collectibles anger, dismay or bemuse me. The ONE thing that I don't argree with is the MINDLESS hysteria over a series of movies, the latest of which, wasn't even all that great! And before you jump all over that one, SEE MY POST for my positive!!!!! thoughts on Episode 1. The fun never ends on this forum!:D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
In related news:
--
Star Wars' C-3PO Finally Shows His Face
Star Wars actor Anthony Daniels is finally showing his face in the hit sci-fi films series - after playing droid C-3PO since 1977. The British actor has appeared in the past four Star Wars movies behind the mask of the gold robot - and has been allowed to cameo in new instalment Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones as a non-speaking fighter pilot Lieutenant Faytonni. He says, "I finally wanted to show my face."
--
Taken from today's IMDB Studio Briefing news, I'm sure it's old news to some people here, but I think it's kinda nice. :)
/Mike

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well then if you've read the scriptment, then why should we not get our hopes up? The story and the script is much better. Maybe you don't think so, but we do. We've got a better villian. We've got a darker film. Far less Jar Jar. What's not to get excited about? Ewan McGregor thinks so too. And he isn't one to blindly praise Star Wars.
The ONE thing that I don't argree with is the MINDLESS hysteria over a series of movies, the latest of which, wasn't even all that great!
First of all, no disrepect, but where in here do you see any mindless hysteria? We're excited about the films. And we're carrying on a repectful conversation, and you come in and thread crap. If you don't understand our excitement over the films, and it bothers you, that's your problem, not ours. But don't try and bring down our excitement for the films. If you don't share that excitement, that's fine with me. Skip the movie.
As for TPM not being good, thats' your opinion and you're entitled to it. No disrespect is meant from anything in my post. But some may disagree with you. And there's nothing wrong with that.:)
I look forward to continuing the debate.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Be careful with spoiler material, Paul (Jenkins). I knew Jar Jar had changed, but I didn't know what position he held. That's not a major thing, but it's still a spoiler.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
By the way Paul, I understand what a discussion forum is. But do we really need comments like this.

If you don't like it, stay home.
My point was if you thought the trailers for AOTC are terrible, and you think it's gonna be bad, stay home when it comes out and do something more worthwhile with your time.

If you think I overreacted, my apologies.

Butch C

Second Unit
guessing you'd be able to pick them out in a battle containing Sam Jackson, Yoda, Obi Wan and 5 22 year olds with gotees (spelling?), blonde highlights and (arguably) perfect facial symmetry!
Heres the scary part...at least one N'Sync member is about 30+, married, with children.

IM NOT LYING ITS TRUE

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Okay, you liked TPM. And I agree, even though I loved it, it doesn't measure up to the originals. But then it could have been the greatest, and it probably still wouldn't have measured up. Different story, different characters, different time.
As for hysteria, there was no hysteria here. Only people enjoy a discussion. And I doubt the way that statement was worded Paul, that it was originally directed at me. But whatever you say.
As for marketing, the reason you can buy toys in every store is because of the huge success and following of the film. That wasn't created by hysteria in my opinion.
As for ruining my excitement for the film, you couldn't do that, and maybe I misspoke. What I should have said is negative attitudes about the film dampen my excitement to talk about it. If you go in expecting the worse, that might be what you end up with. I don't like the pessimistic attitudes of people who talk themselves into thinking a movie is gonna suck. But to each their own. I've read the script and the spoilers. The story is much better, there's less Jar Jar, no Jake Lloyd, a much darker tone, a great villian with a tremendous onscreen presence, and Jango, and Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan. Excuse me if I'm pumped for the film.
As for the skip the film comment, it was just a suggestion Paul. Usually, if someone thinks a movie isn't going to be good that's what they do. However, that doesn't seem to be the case with these films.:)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Be careful with spoiler material, Paul (Jenkins). I knew Jar Jar had changed, but I didn't know what position he held. That's not a major thing, but it's still a spoiler.
oooops!! meesa apologize (ok, lame, but had to throw some weak ass attempt at humor in here :))

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The saga continues ............ :)
theforce.net are reporting that Lucasfilm have said that NSync have not necessarily been cut from the film, and that it is a decision which will be made by Lucas in editing.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
theforce.net are reporting that Lucasfilm have said that NSync have not necessarily been cut from the film, and that it is a decision which will be made by Lucas in editing.
I don't understand Lucasfilm's reasoning behind this statement. By saying this, they are just focusing even more attention on N'Sync and drawing more attention away from the film itself. Wouldn't the prudent thing be to issue no statement at all? That way, even if N'Sync gets left in, nobody would really even know since they supposedly can't be seen anyway. By making this statement, Lucasfilm are creating an aura of importance around the N'Sync cameo. It's very disappointing.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Maybe that pic will stay. The others on my homepage sure are giving me fits.:angry:
BTW, how do we send a private message to a mod?

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Wouldn't the prudent thing be to issue no statement at all?
First, let's make sure we all realize one very important thing: The only reason Lucasfilm ever admitted that N'Sync had been shot as extras in the first place was because someone (MTV) had the balls to call them up and ask them. Lucasfilm didn't just go, "Guess what! N'Sync is going to be in Star Wars!"

Now, here's what would happen if they issued a "No comment," response to queries of N'Sync appearing in Attack of the Clones: People would begin to wonder why Lucasfilm wouldn't deny the story if it wasn't true. After all, they have debunked several outrageous rumors about the Prequels in the past. Why not this one? Obviously then people would be convinced that Lucasfilm was hiding something they didn't want the fans to know. "Why don't they just fess up to it if it's true?" they would ask.

Then we'd hear various spy reports telling us that yes, indeed, they do appear in the film. However, with no official confirmation from those in charge, the only way to know if they do appear in the film would be to see it and specifically look for them. And since the only way to see the film is to watch it when it comes out in May, we would have all that time to let it sit and fester and grow in size and importance.

In the end, if they didn't fess up, they would be inadvertently making it a bigger deal than it really is. By coming clean, they steal some of the thunder from the gossip mongers.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I've heard its a good possibility that sice they are no longer in the movie N'sync will be doing the theme song for the movie.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks