What's new

N'Sync gone from Episode II (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
There's absolutely nothing wrong with collecting all things. I just wish I had all of my Star Wars toys from when I was younger.
As for how far, not far from Five Points. It is about an hour and a half to Athens. Well, at least the way I drive.:D I graduated from Georgia, so I've traveled to Athens many, many times.

Ed E Lee

Agent
What's just as funny as the whole brouhaha over this is that we would have probably never known that they were in the movie in the first place if it was never publicized. And what makes us think now that they aren't in the movie in some "you blink you missed them" capacity anyway. As far as I'm concerned, this second announcement is to keep the fanboy hounds at bay. They can have Hanson leading the charge this time to save Padme, and you know what? I'll still see the flick.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:laugh: It's not over yet!
Link Removed
Could be cut, could be kept. Frankly, I hope it's true that fan input won't influence the outcome one way or another.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Something tells me this Lucasfilm rep is clueless. She says one thing one moment, and something different the next. She's just trying to paint a pretty picture. They probably have been cut, although it won't bother me either way, she's just trying to paint the picture as Lucasfilm wants it. Otherwise Fatone, or whatever his name is wouldn't have confirmed it on the radio show. I also doubt that Lucas would have coerced them into lying about them not being in it. Who knows. A lot of footage gets shot, most lands on the cutting room floor.

Either way, it's no big deal. But they do need to get their stories straight. But, the guy did confirm it. And he sounded pissed.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Let me also give you a warm welcome, Paul--welcome to the HTF! I like your sig pic. Christopher Lee is going to be a wonderful addition to Star Wars.

Even if they do make the final cut when Episode II is released May 16, don't expect the on-screen cameo to be very noticeable.
This is what intrigues me. I keep reading that their appearance is going to be "hardly noticeable," so if they even do make the final cut, their cameo will be insignifcant. I just hope that they don't have their earrings or their two-months worth of facial hair growth to make them as recognizable.

I give up speculating. If they are there, fine. If not, even better. It's not going to diminish my enjoyment of the movie.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
OMG!

Conan O'Brien showed "the scene" on his show.

It features N'Sync dancing, then shows Vader and a Stormtrooper watching it on tv. Vader comments on the group saying, "they seem kind of gay."

Conan definitely has a unique brand of comedy.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Wonderful! Finally we can stop complaining about N'Sync being in Star Wars.

Now, can we all get back to complaining about Ewoks, Jar Jar, Jake Llyod, Greedo shooting first, Luke's scream, that dance number in Jabba's palace, and any thing George Lucas has done since 1980?

Derrick G

Stunt Coordinator
When this whole NSync thing came out, I read the original thread with amazement. All the members of Nsync could have a full 10 minute dialogue on screen and I wouldn't recognize them;)
I have no clue what they look like, don't want to know :D , and it would scare me if anybody here actually did recognize them.:D :D
If anybody here knows enough about NSync to recognize them, please let us know. We'll get you some help. ;)
Derrick G

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Bye Bye Bye!
:laugh:
Regarding Episode 2, I think stuff like this is just a symptom of a larger problem. IMO the trailer was terrbile. I hope they picked Hayden Christiansen's worst moments, cos otherwise, damn is this gonna be a bad performance. Also, with the same team as Episode 1 (which I liked, but was light-years behind the other 3), how can anyone hope that this ain't gonna be frought with exactly the same problems. The fact that Lucas decided to include Jar Jar in this one is indicative of the fact that he obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes. With this in mind, and the fact that the SW Trilogy is all about marketing and selling dollies also in mind, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Attack of the Clones if I were you! You'd be setting yourself up for a fall! That way, if it is good, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Thats me 2 cents. (expecting a response from Terrell regarding a few point above anytime soon! :D)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
heaven forbid I beat Terrell to the response :)
The fact that Lucas decided to include Jar Jar in this one is indicative of the fact that he obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes
What makes you say that? As a major character developed in EpI, Jar Jar plays a continued role in EpII, albeit as a more mature Gungan representing the Naboo system in the Senate. Obviously you thought Jar Jar added no value to EpI and was just a bafoon character that should not have been in the movie. I disagree and I think Lucas would as well. I think Jar Jar was a bit over the top at times, but served to portray the republic at that time as innocent and carefree. I think you'll see him mature in EpII (and III if he is in it) and just like the rest of the story and the republic, comes out of his/their innocent, good time phase into the dark times of the Emperor and Vader.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well, I knew someone had to come in and dump on Star Wars. It never fails, someone always comes along and does their best to dampen my excitement for the films. If you don't like it, stay home. But don't destroy other people's excitement for the film by stating how much you hate it and how much it sucks. And stop telling everyone they shouldn't get their hopes up. If you don't won't to get your hopes up Paul, fine. But I really don't need to hear how much you think it sucks. If you think it's going to suck, why bother even posting?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
With this in mind, and the fact that the SW Trilogy is all about marketing and selling dollies also in mind
And I guess LOTR is about selling videogames, and dollies as you call them, as well. They even had cheesy Burger King tie-ins, just like TPM. I guess you can say the same thing about Batman, Superman, and every other big event movie. But I guess those don't count since they aren't Star Wars. The fact is every big event film will always have marketing surrounding them. If that disappoints you, then you're in for a lot of disappointment. Look, if you think it's gonna suck, go see Spiderman. But I don't need to hear how much you think it's gonna suck.

David Oliver

Second Unit
If I may paraphrase from another Message Board:

"So the folks who stand in line months before the movie, decked out in stormtropper and Jedi gear, and know the release dates of every Star Wars figure ever made are complaining that the presence of N'Sync will mean the movie is no longer cool?"

Gruson

Second Unit
That is funny David..lol.

I really would not have minded if they were in it. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan too but to each their own.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I really touched a nerve.... lets touch another one! Did you even read my post? You managed to quote accurately from it, yet miss almost even major point I was making.
Lets go through your replies and I'll point out all the misunderstandings, thoughless comments and absolute nonsense:
Star Wars said:
Obviously, you're not familiar with the concept of a discussion forum. People have opinions on things. Sometimes in life, people have differing opinions. And forums such as this one, are an opportunity for people to come together and discuss differing opinions. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone shared the same feelings and thoughts. I think a better question would be - did you intend the thread to simpy be a collection of posters making the same mundane, generic points? Obviously yes, so, why did you even bother starting the thread?
Though its so obvious I shouldnt even dignify it - I bothered posting, because I have certain ideas that I wished to voice in the hope that they would promote mature, thoughful discussion - basically one of the purposes of this forum.
The ridiculous thing is, I DONT hate Star Wars, I just have some reservations about adoring it unconditionally. I'd hate to see what would happen if a true Star Wars hater actually posted in this thread. :D
Your response to the genuine opinions and points I raised was childish and arrogant at best. The fact that I've written so much somewhat over dignifies what your wrote, so I'm gonna stop now before it gets even worse!

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Well if he listened to the fans about the nsync thing, maybe there is still a chance for us on the whole greedo shooting first thing... (which completely changed Han Solo's character arc)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks