What's new

N'Sync gone from Episode II (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's the scoop. N'Sync is cut from Episode II by George Lucas. Joey Fatone confirmed it on a radio call in show. the link is below. I guess people can now be excited about AOTC again. Well, some people anyway.:D
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13803
Robert, don't know if this needed a seperate thread, but since this a a fairly big story, though I'd post one.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Good.

They had no business being there in the first place. I'm as big a fan as they are, would Lucas let me shoot a cameo in the background? Or do you have to be a part of some trendy boy-band to get special treatment?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I kind of feel sorry for them. No, I can't stand them either, and I initially didn't like the announcement of them being given a cameo either. But this was blown way out of proportion. They had no lines, and practically a second of screen time in the background. As for getting the role in the first place, that's part of the perks of being famous or a celebrity.

I guess Tom was right. Lucas doesn't give a damn about fans.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I don't feel bad. Those 5 lead charmed lives so I think they have their fair share of karma. I don't care myself. It reminds me of a quote from a favorite book of mine:

"Men who could not have been forced to action if murder was committed right in front of them were driven insane at the sight of spilled alcohol on the floor."

It's not the exact quote, but you get the drift. It's pretty sad something this little gets this much attention. There are a 1,000,000 crusades in this world that deserve attention. N'Sync in SW (in any capacity) is not one of them.

Take care,

Chuck

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
To be totally honest, I wish it never leaked out in the first place that they were in it. They should have kept that quiet. If it was mentioned after the release, it wouldn't have had the same impact.

I remember reading over the years that several celebrities wanted to portray stormtroopers in the original trilogy. I don't know if any actually got in but if they did, it didn't distract me from the movie.

The problem with N'SYNC is that it almost sounded like a marketting ploy when it was announced.

Matt

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I agree about this not being that big of a deal Chuck. But the way Star Wars fans overreacted and blew up at this was ridiculous. I was upset at first too, but after calming down, I realized it was no big deal. As feeling sorry for them, I don't feel sorry for them in other respects. But they were just big Star Wars fans and got a bit part because they were celebrities. No big deal.

Although it must be said, Lucas never guaranteed them their cameo would appear in the film. In fact, from what's been reported, he told them that the scene may be cut. What's surprising is that Lucas' kids have small cameos, and nobody even made a mere mention of it. I guess it being N'Sync was the only reason for the uproar.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with N'SYNC is that it almost sounded like a marketting ploy when it was announced.
Exactly.

But the question is, who's marketing ploy was it?

Lucas and co. don't seem to need the hype.

Are N'sync starting fade in their popularity?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Those 5 lead charmed lives so I think they have their fair share of karma.
Let's see how "charmed" their lives are in 5-10 years when they are appearing on an all has-been edition of Hollywood Squares. :laugh:
I never really cared too much about the supposed cameo, but I must admit I'm pleased that it's not going to happen.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
I also think the whole N'Stinks thing was overblown, but at least it's over with now. Still, despite being cut from the movie, I have a feeling Lucas will add their cameo to the cut scenes archives on the AOTC DVD.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
all has-been edition of Hollywood Squares.
Is there another kind, Rain? :D
I simply meant that I felt less sorry for them than for other "hardship cases" I hear about. That said, *N'SYNC laughs all the way to the bank, and they seem to do well with young, nubile members of the opposite sex.
Take care,
Chuck
P.S. To see how far it goes, on another movie forum:D, someone called Lucas' 13 year old daughter a "bitch." While amusing, it's also pretty sad;)

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
It's good they are cut out of the movie.

It just shows that George was catering to the kiddie crowd more than the fans for even allowing a cameo. It's all about selling a toy or a CD.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Actually, from published reports, it was producer Rick McCallum who put them in the cameo to begin with. Lucas was the one that cut them.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Terry is correct. Lucas had nothing to do with originally casting them in the first place. McCallum was responsible for that. Lucas was the one that waxed them.

To see how far it goes, on another movie forum, someone called Lucas' 13 year old daughter a "bitch." While amusing, it's also pretty sad
That is sad. I also heard some making fun of her because she has a weight problem. It's sad that many Star Wars fans have become this way. They didn't used to be like this. Well, probably the vast majority still handle it in a good way. But the internet fans, many of them, carry it way too far.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Terrell, I just noticed something:) You've been here one month, and you've passed me in posts! What % Star Wars posts?
To keep on topic, here are my favorite spellings of Lucas:
Lucass
Luke-ass
Lick-ass
and my favorite:D Luca$ (classics never die).
Anyways, yes, McCallum sold us out...as usual. He seems a nice fellow though.
Take care,
Chuck
As for the comment regarding Lucas' daughter, I don't know what to say. Amusing if he's kidding, in an a-hole sort of way. Disturbing if he's not. She's just a young girl who loves her Dad. Leave the man's family WAY out of this.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Uh, I think about 60%. Although that is purely a guess. Could be more could be less. Depends on if you're talking about posting in Star Wars threads, or if you mean posts that are actually about Star Wars.

As for posts, I've had the flu for the last 6 days. So that's the main reason I've been on a tear for the last 6 days. In about another 2 days, I won't get to post except at night and on my lunch break. Although I'm working at home right now.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Some of the fanboys out there really are in desperate need of lives if they're carrying things so far as to threaten someone's life. Gimme a break. Belittling everything Lucas is one thing, but leave the man's family out of it. And whoever is going so far as to make death threats has bigger problems than N'Sync landing a cameo. In the end, it's only a movie people. Relax.

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
HEY! DOnt knock KNOTB! Donnie Wahlberg is still around and refining his acting...he has gotten better!

Who knew that was him in the 6th sense until you read the credits?

Users who are viewing this thread