What's new

NSP1 vs. Wharfedale, or now Michaura? (1 Viewer)

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
As you can tell, I'm looking at lower priced speakers, but want bang for my buck (never heard that before, right?) I'd settled on the NSP1 based on good feedback on this forum, but have recently read about the low prices some are getting on the Wharfedales and now these Michauras. If I went with one of these last two, what would I do about a CC? My HT Room is about 12 x 20, 5.1 setup. Thanks.

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me anything about the Wharfedales or the Michauras? Or should I just stick with the JBLs?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Well, the NSP1 is certainly a safe buy, the chances are very low that you'll be dissatisfied. I have no idea about the Wharfedales, so no comments. The Michaura M55 has received some pretty good reviews, from people whose tastes/opinions I'm fairly familiar with (based on their comments on other speakers I've owned and/or listened to). If you want to play it safe, stick with the NSP1. IF you're feeling like taking a risk to get potentially better sound, try the others. I have no idea about your CC options.

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I might be interested in checking out the M55's if I can figure out the CC situation.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hello Randy,

The Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 and 8.2 are highly thought of and well reviewed...which Wharfedale model(s) were you considering? If this is the series I would recommend the Diamond 8 ctr. They are all 100W, 6 Ohm and 86dB (although I think the ctr. may be 88dB)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks