What's new

Now this is one screwed up Home Theater (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Speakers-Front.jpg

Need I say more?
Nathan

RicP

Screenwriter
Yea, you could link to a picture that can actually be seen.
Tripod doesn't allow external non-cookied links to images on it's websites.
I did go to the site though and that's a pretty interesting setup he's got there.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
You might need to say more - 'Image hosted by Tripod'
I checked the link. Damn funny. Poor guy doesn't have a 20lb center channel on top of his TV tho.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Hmmm..

I didn't know that about tripod..

Sorry.

Well, follow the link provided.

Honest mistake.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Kristen. Right click on the Tripod picture and click properties. There you can copy the link. That is unless the confused smiley was in regards to the pic.

C. Ryan

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
That is crazy! Maybe they plan to upgrade the TV soon.

It looks like the 2 CH. stereo is sufficient though, provided they have enough amps.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I wonder if he watches his movies in OAR? Of course his teeth are probably rattling so hard that he can't make out the picture in the first place! :)
KJP

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
This site has probably not been updated since Tripod went online all those years ago. Case in point:

Briefly, there is now a Dual-Pentium 100Mhz system sitting in its place. Operating systems are in a transient state, but presently we're waiting to move from Windows for WorkGroups. NT 3.51 and Windows 95 are still being considered. Input is done with a Kurta XGT 12" x 12" pressure sensitive drawing tablet. A Hewlett/Packard ScanJet IIc sits to the right. In the new CPU cabinet, there is a 4X CD ROM drive, SyQuest 44 and 200/88/44MB drives, a Turtle Beach Monterey sound card, two FAXmodems, a LaserMaster WinJet 800 controller and a Diamond Viper Pro Video with 4MB VRAM (soon to be replaced...again).
He's considering moving from Windows 3.11 to NT 3.51? You can't even buy NT 4 anymore, let alone 3.51. He's got a great 4x CD ROM drive, almost 400MB worth of hard drive space spread across 4 drives, and a video card with 4MB of RAM...

Nope, hasn't been updated in a long time. And I'm willing to bet the monitor sitting in between the speakers isn't for HT. Probably some kind of audio monitor that displays info about his components, at least, that seems most likely based on the sort of equipment he's using.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that monitor isn't for movie or TV-viewing, and the page is OLD. Pretty cool system I gotta say!

/Mike

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If you read the text as well as looking at the pictures, it's made blatantly clear that the system is designed purely for music playback, it's not a home theatre system.

The picture's still funny though!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Wasn't it National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation the movie where he had about 50000 christmas lights on his house and when he plugged in the lights to the outlet, it brought down power grids all over the city? And here I thought I was a bass freak.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The text also says the system hasn't changed since 1984. What were 18" drivers capable of in 1984. From my DIY sub reading I was under the impression that sub of that era were not all that capable. That it would take several of those 18" drivers to equal one of todays better 15" drivers. So even though it looks increadibly impressive I would think that a single BluePrint 1803 could give all those drivers combined a run for their money in bass output. The other thing I noticed, isn't his tweeter placment a little high?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks