What's new

Equalizer woes.. (1 Viewer)

Christopher Mckinley

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Hey everyone,I'm new to this forum..I have a question I'm sure has been asked before,but will anyway..I've been a long time onkyo fan....And I finally broke down and bought the txrz820..At first glance I was in love..My previous receiver was part of a home theater in a box we'l say...But after a set of def techs (most amazing speaker I've heard)that receiver did awesome..Now it was when they still used auddessey,and to be honest I loved the ease of setting it up...This one has this Accu eq...not a fan at all...so then I screwed around with manual settings(not sounding good there either).I have an spl meter...maybe need to really sit down and work with it.....IDK.is why I would love any,and all ideas,or tested methods for making this thing push as hard,and clean as it should....Thank you for any help in this matter..I'm ripping my hair out .

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Get a Denon with Audyssey? :P

If you have a laptop with HDMI you can try Room EQ Wizard (REW). It works best with a calibrated MIC so there's a bit of investment for that ($70ish). With your SPL meter you may be able to use something like Disney WOW or Digital Video Essentials on BluRay.

You could also mess around with the location of the speakers - move them left, right, forward, and backward. Mess with the angles.

Christopher Mckinley

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Yeah, I'll give that a shot..I messed around with speaker placement forever one day....and it did change things quite drastically, especially with the bi polar speakers...But what your recommending seems a bit more proper...So will try it.AND THANK YOU, for helping..really going nuts with it..

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just as a note, bipolar speakers need a lot of room behind them. I recommend at least three feet, which isn't always doable. If you can't move them that far forward, it will be difficult to get them to sound right.

Christopher Mckinley

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Yeah,that's not possible,but I am able to get about a foot and a half..I've had em for years,was definitely the best they could sound which is amazing....I also have a slight inward face to them
.I've played for a long time as said..the speakers are good,were are...it's this receiver I need to get equalized properly...As said my old ht something onkyo sounded better with auddesseys set up,I'm going to try what was suggested above,maybe hit it right
...thanks for the re.ply...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would not only look at Denon but look at Marantz as well. They are owned by the same company and share a lot of the same technology. Sorry you did not get the results you where hoping for with the Onkyo. Onkyo makes a nice product but I feel the Denon or Marantz will work out for you much better.

Christopher Mckinley

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks for the reply...I have owned all, with onkyo in the lead..I think they own pioneer now,Wich used to be a decent product... anyway,I finally got dialled in..just took some patience...sounds all balanced now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks