Buy.com Woes, Update

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 2, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I still havn't gotten them to cancel my double order, and real order. I called up the customer service rep, and was told it was to far into the shipping process, and to just return it when it got there. If it ever does. A week or so later, it has now been on order for one month...
    Here's the email I sent them, just to see if I can get ANY kind of headway made here in cancelling this order. I never plan on using buy.com again...
    >>>>>
    Hello,
    I am starting to get really ticked off here.
    I ordered one item on February 5th, 2002. For some reason, it went through twice, so I tried to cancell the double order(#12492797), and left the real one(#12492810) intact. When the pre-sale date ended, and the item was out in stores, the order here was listed as ,"On Order".
    Not wanting to wait a few weeks for you to get it, I just went to the store and bought a copy. 2 weeks later, my cancellation request was cancelled for both items and put back on order. I called in, and was told that the item was to far into the shipping process to be cancelled.
    This is complete bullsh!t. How can it be too far into the shipping process, when YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE FREAKING ITEM IN STOCK? It has now been one month, and the product still hasn't been cancelled, and is STILL on Order.
    If you can't cancell it, can I at LEAST get two items of equal value so we can finally complete this order? If the current order goes through, I'm just going to return it and ask for my money back anyway.
    Either way, once this order is finished, please delete all my information from your records and cancell my account. Your lousy cancellation policy has cost you a good customer. Don't bother to offer me a discount on my next purchase to try and keep me around, because you can keep it.
    A fast response will be appreciated. Thank you..>>>
    Think that will get their attention? [​IMG]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Neil, save yourself any more aggravation. Buy.com simply will not cancel an order. They say it's because the order has "entered the shipping process", but they define that process so that it starts as soon as the order has been accepted and the charge approved -- which means you can only cancel an order within minutes of placing it.

If you can, refuse delivery of the package. That's what I did when Buy.com did the same thing to me about a year ago. The postal service simply returns the package to Buy.com, and they should credit your card (and if they don't, dispute the charge). Like you, I haven't used them since.

M.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, OK. That sounds simpler than just going through the trouble of sending out an RMA form for a return.
    But if you miss the mailman, what do you tell the Postal Service when you bring the package in person? Tell 'em something like, "I ordered this from an online store, changed my mind, and they wouldn't let me cancel it, so it was sent anyway. Can you return this, saying I refused to accept delivery?"
    Thanks for the info [​IMG].

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Write 'REFUSED' all over the package in big block lettering and bring it into your local post office. Hand it to a postal employee rather than dropping it in a box. Just say "I want to refuse this package and have it returned to sender." They shouldn't have any problem with that.

6. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

What Greg said should work, just don't open the package. If you open it, then you have to pay postage. I've done this before when I've gotten stuff from Columbia House I didn't want. The only thing the post office asked was if I'd opened it.