What's new

Now the time comes, what to do? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Well taxes are here & I think I know what I wont but I guess I just need some reassurance. I have went back & forth on what RPTV I was going to buy & I thought I was settled on the Sony KP-57WV600 but I will not be able to spend quite that much now, so now my choices are the Sony KP-51WS500 or the Hitachi 51UWX20B. My problem is that I really like the Sony & how easy they are to tweak & everything I have is Sony. But the whole flicker issue they are going through right now is my only concern. On the other side the Hitachi is every bit comparable for picture quality to me with no service issues that I am aware of, but I don't know the first thing about Hitachi & I hate the remote this thing comes with. Here is one other thing to consider. I work at CC & I planed to put service on either one for just in case. And I know if something happened to the Sony I wouldn't have any problems getting it fixed or replaced as the store I work at has a very good reputation for standing behind there service & making sure you get treated right. But it comes down to the whole thing of I don't wont to have to go that route so I wont to avoid a service issue if at all possible. This is the one thing pushing me to the Hitachi seeing as I haven't heard of any problems with them, But like I said I'm not familiar with them & I wont something that I can be comfortable going in & tweaking on being that I am very familiar with Sony's service menues.
Someone please offer so advice. I'm beating myself with a stick & it's starting to hurt. I'm ready to buy but I just don't know what is better to do.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Unless you like to watch your screen FLICKER, don't buy a Sony. They have MAJOR bugs to work out with their CRTs at this time.

Also, get it in writing exactly how they'll repair your set once a problem appears -- because it will. I'm about to kiss my set goodbye for a few weeks while it "goes under the knife!" :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks