What's new

Nintendo DS discussion (1 Viewer)

jian

Agent
Wondering who has bought the game, what you think of it, and game reviews. I have purchased 3 for family members (as Xmas gifts) along with 3 Super Mario DS packs. I have seen it being used on display at stores, but have not tried it yet myself. From what I observed, it looks quite good, with great 3D graphics, dual screens, and innovative touch screen. Unfortunately, launch game reviews seem poor, with the exception of Super Mario DS.

Anyway, hoping to open up discussion on the hardware itself and games.

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've been waiting til after the NewYear to see if anyone has responded to this topic.

I bought one. I think it is way too big. The SP is way nicer, the screen lighting is the same. But what I like about the DS is the new software, a touch screen too. But now is the thing is if there will be another DS or Gameboy gamesystem coming in the new future.

Super Mario DS was sold out, but was talked into buying the game Feel the Magic. It does use everything the DS has. I find it similar to that WarioWare game. And I wasn't into playing Football for the DS.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm holding off for now, but I'm sure I'll pick up 2 or 3 units whenever Animal Crossing DS comes out.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Dean, the screen lighting between a DS and an SP is pretty different. The SP is only front lit, leaving a somwhat washed out appearance, while the DS is backlit with fantastic detail. I still use my SP for GBA games as I prefer the button layout of the SP for the old games (and I love using the oh so sexy retro GBA SP:)), but for sheer quality, the DS screen kills the SP screen if playing GBA games. If only they would let me remap the buttons so I could use Y and B for my main buttons. The main buttons on the DS are too small.

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks on that Sean.

I noticed with DS being wireless, for instance RidgeRacer DS you only need to download the game to another DS. My friend ran as far away as he could 2 floors up, and then the game didn't respond just blacked out.

Pretty neat on that fact on only some games though, you only need 1 cassette now as to both owning 2.

Reading some other topics on the DS someone told another that DS isn't finished and in 2yrs another gameboy, also another Nintendo DS will come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks