What's new

NIN: With Teeth DVD A Playback problems (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I had this happen a while ago and forgot about it but the problem popped back up last week.

We have NIN's With Teeth DVD-A. Around track 6 it will just lock up. I have a Yamaha C-950 DVD-A/SACD 5 disc player.

We were watching Beside you in Time on HD-DVD and I wanted to compare audio quality between the two.

I was flipping back and forth and about half way through track 6 it just locked up and I had to turn the unit off and back on again.

I've actually had this happen on 2 NIN discs, both DVD-A's but not on any others.

Anyone else?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Sorry this isn't more specific, but the last couple years I've read quite a few posts here and elsewhere about Yamaha's sub-$500 universal players acting up like this. Supposedly they are actually supplied to Yamaha by Philips, who has a history of unreliable hi-res players branded with their *own* name (search audioasylum.com for examples of this). And I don't recall any firmware updates being available either to solve these problems. :frowning:

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I had a similar problem with the SACD of the Downward Spiral. I noticed there was a fine scratch which I thought was barely anything. Eventually I took it to a store which resurfaced it and that tiny scratch was the problem as the disc works fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks