What's new

Nightbreed Director's Cut - DVD (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
What are the odds Warner will actually release the Nightbreed Director's Cut next year? On Clive Barker's web site he mentions this as happening.
I believe the difference in run times is 20 minutes. Fox felt that the footage was too explicit for an R rating and ordered Clive to cut it. Now that Warner owns the rights to the film and since they refuse to release NC-17 material do you think they will actually bring this out? Or will it have to come from someone like Anchor Bay? Heck I am still waiting for the Kubrick version of Eyes Wide Shut and not the Warner version like that will ever happen. Wish I had a region free player.
Of course Warner may release the NightBreed Director's Cut Special edition with interviews and commentary but only in a Pan&Scan LOL.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Your information about the struggles Clive Barker had over Nightbreed aren't quite right. The Search function isn't working, so I'm going to have to do this off the top of my head. SPOILERS BELOW
From what I remember, the studio didn't like the fact that the monsters in the film were the good guys and humans were bad guys. They made Clive Barker cut the film into a form he wasn't happy with. I really do hope that we are able to someday see the director's cut of Nightbreed someday. Ideally they'd license it to Anchor Bay...
Gregory

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
"Your information about the struggles Clive Barker had over Nightbreed aren't quite right."
IMDB strikes again. Oh well it's close enough. I am happy that it is at least anamorphic widescreen.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I really hope this happens. The existing version is OK but it's obvious the studio screwed with it quite a bit. I would suspect that Barker's original version was infinetly better. Fox couldn't even get a grip on the marketing and tried to sell it as a slasher film! Needless to say, it didn't work and moviegoers who didn't know what to expect or were unfamiliar with Clive Barker walked out of theaters scratching their heads. As far as MPAA troubles, there was some snipping but not severely. Maybe the question will come up during the Warner Brothers chat, in between the beatings they're gonna get over the crap they have been pulling lately.
------------------

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I won't be picky... I'm just glad the movie is out soon on DVD. Although, the director's cut *would* be nice...
Scott.
------------------
Scott's DVD List

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for years for a director's cut of NIGHTBREED. I won't buy the film on DVD until a director's cut is issued. The forthcoming DVD release doesn't interest me at all. I'll echo the sentiment that Anchor Bay should be allowed to get its hands on this one.
-Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks