What's new

Night of the Living Dead Elite ME - hard to get?? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I've had this on order since before Christmas from a supplier that gets me everything I want...up until now. They don't say this DVD is discontinued, so I presume it isn't, but has anybody actually got one lately? Apparently there sure aren't boatloads of them in the disty chain... Thanks.

BTW Trevor H, I didn't forget your e-mail.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's entirely possible that Canadian suppliers have having trouble getting in Elite titles, much like the difficulty they often have in stocking Criterions. Either that or Elite is in-between pressings of the disc.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
I had a hard time finding it. I found it in Nashville in June 2002. But it was really hard to find before hand.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I live in Ontario and Eite titles are very hard to get. I had to special order Re-Animator which came to $60 or $70. I might pick up NotLD from the states. It would be cheaper.

Michael_Gu

Auditioning
I ordered mine from overstock.com in january. They currently say it is in stock and it is only $16.89.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks for the info guys. Yes, Elites are not commonly seen on the shelves around here. And except for a few common Criterions, most Criterions are quite expensive. These are the two brands best bought in the U.S. it seems.

Re overstock.com they do indeed have this disc and a few Criterions I'd like, but they make it essentially impossible to order unless you are in the U.S. Even supplying a U.S. address for delivery doesn't work, you must use a credit card held by somebody in the U.S....guess I'll have to get mommy in AZ to buy this for me...unless somebody knows another place that has it.

Edit: the old lady comes through with the overstock.com order, looking forward to it at last, thanks for the help.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Check out dvdpricesearch.com and they should list a good amount of online e-tailers that have it.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
This one is still readily found in stores all over the Las Vegas area.
I am sure there's a good joke in the fact that Night of the Living Dead is popular in Las Vegas :)

As everybody reading this knows, there must be a couple dozen DVD versions of this movie out there, from about $3 to the Elite ME level. I have even bought the "wrong" version myself before, so I'm wary of sending somebody else out looking for this...let's face it, most people would think a "deluxe NotLD" is an oxymoron.

My problem with getting the ME online is that many places list it as available, but they don't actually have it. I waited a month for one place to come through last year, then more than 2 months for another place...we'll see how overstock.com does, should know in a few days. If no luck, I'll try to find another place at dvdpricesearch.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention that I got the reportedly abysmal 30th Ann. edition by mistake because All Movie Guide shows this cover picture as being an Elite release, and at the time I knew Elite was the one to have. I didn't actually read the package, just recognised the cover art in the store and quickly grabbed it especially since the price was $13...couldn't believe my luck... I have noticed that there are many errors in the huge AMG database, not really surprising considering, and they seem to be unresponsive about correcting them (but then I'm a nobody), though I do like their site a lot and I have a remarkably close agreement with their reviews, why I go there.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
My local Frys had boxes of it, at least 50 copies, all for $19.95. This was yesterday.

-Lyle J.P.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess that explains where all the copies are... I was surprised to see the local Best Buy had a fair number of the I Spit on Your Grave ME, the first Elite I've seen there. I have not seen any Elites at any other store around here, they seem to be much rarer than Criterions even. We are deprived here... There are no real specialty DVD stores nearby, pretty much run-of-the-mill stuff.

You know how these things go, looking for a very specific version of a DVD, it's a quest, and searching is part of the fun.

Edit again: Thanks Michael_Gu for the info. overstock.com comes through with NotLD ME. I did not check around re pricing, but I ordered some Criterions too, much cheaper than in Canada. They also had a CD "impossible" to get here that's been on my list for at least a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks