What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON…Coming Soon From Indicator (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Has anyone received this release? I pre-ordered from amazon.uk when it was first announced and it did not ship this week. Now shows "usually dispatched within 1-3 months!" Was there a delay?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
My pre-order of this from Amazon UK was shipped on 10/21; my pre-order of the William Castle box made at the same time has not yet shipped.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Ha! My order is just the opposite! Castle shipped and Demon didn't! Interestingly, the Powerhouse website shows Demon is in stock and ready to ship.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Funny.....no sooner than I posted my previous message, Amazon.uk alerted that CURSE had shipped!

Todd Mattraw

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
I ordered directly from Powerhouse and have received no shipping notice.

I also ordered from Powerhouse direct in early August, and I did not receive a shipping notice, but once I'd heard they were shipping, I sent them an email and they got back to me about 5 days later, last week, and confirmed that mine had shipped Tuesday Oct 16 --- package arrived Monday Oct 22 in New York State, #0141 on "The Night of the Demon".

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I also ordered from Powerhouse direct in early August, and I did not receive a shipping notice, but once I'd heard they were shipping, I sent them an email and they got back to me about 5 days later, last week, and confirmed that mine had shipped Tuesday Oct 16 --- package arrived Monday Oct 22 in New York State, #0141 on "The Night of the Demon".
I emailed this this morning and got a reply today. They said it was shipped last Tuesday. So does last Tuesday mean yesterday or a week ago yesterday? I wrote back asking that question.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
They told me "Tuesday, October 16" when I emailed them about my order yesterday (mine still hasn't arrived).
I emailed and it was confirmed October 16 shipping and mine still hasn’t arrived either. But it’s coming from across the pond and seems like they hire a kayaker for transport. :P

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It generally takes 7-10 days for my orders from Amazon UK. I'd imagine Powerhouse probably does not have the shipping infrastructure of Amazon, so it may take a couple extra days beyond that.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
On another site, I read that: "Be aware though that the Karswell calling card is only available if you order direct from Powerhouse/Indicator and comes packaged outside of the shrink-wrapped box itself. It will not come with sets ordered from Amazon or other sellers."

I ordered mine from Amazon U.K. and look:

DSC04433.JPG

DSC04434.JPG

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
On another site, I read that: "Be aware though that the Karswell calling card is only available if you order direct from Powerhouse/Indicator and comes packaged outside of the shrink-wrapped box itself. It will not come with sets ordered from Amazon or other sellers."

I ordered mine from Amazon U.K. and look:

View attachment 51131

View attachment 51132
I ordered from PH and didn’t get the card. Where was it in the package?

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
Wait-there's a card? Mine came from Amazon UK and I didn't have a card included. Is it packaged inside something or outside the shrinkwrap?

While not all the transfers are equal to each other, (and this is mostly due to source limitations) this is likely the release of the year for the deluxe packaging, extras and attention to detail. It certainly obliterates the old standby Columbia DVD.

As for the first three Bonds, they are supposed to be 1.66 from every indication I've ever seen. Vintage prints are all hard matted to 1.66, 16mm prints I've seen are hard matted to 1.66 and it took years to get them this way on home video. You can run them at 1.75 or 1.85, but the wider you go the more the compositions are messed with. They arguably look pretty good in 1.33 which was only done on the early CED, Laserdisc and of course the VHS editions. The Criterions are around 1.75 and were the first letterboxed releases, but the later MGM releases used the same print for Dr. No and different sources for FRWL and Goldfinger-and presented them at a ratio around 1.66 which looks much better. Then the first DVDs went to 1.78 and the visual difference in framing is very negative and thankfully one positive of the Lowry masters was restoring the 1.66 framing.
The other non-scope films, LALD and TMWTGG were 1.85 in the early 70's and seem to have been shown that way on both sides of the pond.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had writtten Indicator a couple of times and got prompt replies, but when I wrote about the missing card, I got no reply.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Wait-there's a card? Mine came from Amazon UK and I didn't have a card included. Is it packaged inside something or outside the shrinkwrap?

The card I received (which came from Amazon U.K.) was outside of the sealed (shrink wrapped) box. It was inserted in between an advertising flyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks