What's new

NHT SB-2's. Reviews anywhere? Comments? (1 Viewer)

Larry Vale

Auditioning
Before my order is shipped I wondered if anyone besides me has ANY experience with these speakers? I have one setup with 4 of them a SC1 and a sunfire sub I like but as always looking for something better at or near the same price point. That system is in a vacation house overseas and was simply set up and runs and can't really compare it to anything else. I will probably end uprunning these with an AC2 center as I have 2 for sale and no one seems to be really biting and I'm notgiving it away. The AC2 is much better than the SC1 IMO.

The SB2's are speced to have e much better low end than most in their price range.

I was "looking" at tho haven't heard a 5 channel setup with Edge Audio's last 5.1 setup. Its a possibility.

Anyone that has them and/or has done some comparisons?

Thanks

Larry

EricE

Agent
I only heard them once in a demo room at a local shop. And while they seemed clearer and more detailed than the Paradigm MiniMonitors I was hearing, they seemed to have an enormous lack of bass. When I say lack, I mean none, as in really lacking for a bookshelf speaker. They were setup pretty close to a wall, so it seems like if placing yours speakers very close to a wall will give more bass (but not better) and I didn't hear much if even any bass than these things must sure be lacking. But again, that was just this demo room setup and they might sound better in your room. But for me, I was immediately turned off by them.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The SB2 is a very good speaker, but the SB3 is noticably better, particularly in bass response. Bass response suffers because they are sealed, but they are also very accurate for the same reason. They do lack ultimate extension, but there is no question that they need to be used with a sub, and they also want to have LOTS of clean power to get decent bass response from them. Since they are sealed, they are less critical of placement, so putting them by the wall is not as effective. The Mini Monitor V3 is somewhat improved over the V2, and is very competetive with the SB2 price wise, though the SB2 is more accurate. Also, the Axiom M3Ti is an excellent speaker for even less $$. For the MSRP price of the SB2, one can get blemished Axiom M22Tis. Axiom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks