What's new

NHL Original Six Series: NY Rangers - Stanley Cup Champions 1994 (15-disc set) 04/18 (1 Viewer)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

You mean "Potvin Sucks"....:D
My set is in the mail, so I'll let you know, but I'm sure they didn't edit it out

little history from an Islander fan on the chant..."Febuary 26,1979 at the Garden, Potvin crushes Ulf Nilsson in the corner while "Ufly" is getting the puck and later admits that it was a clean hit. This sparks the chant on Potvin that can be heard today. In the words of Denis Potvin, "I don't know why they chant that, with or without Ulf Nilsson the Rangers weren't going to beat those Montreal Canadiens." That a boy Denny, but these are inbred Rangers fans we are talking about here, they put the cup in their lockeroom before they are even getting there, they're idiots."

boy not winning the cup in 22 years have made them a bitter bunch
:)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Well, it just doesn't seem that long. I guess winning four in a row does that. Mmmmm, that means in another 5 years it'll be half as long as the Rangers drought.

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
Speaking as an Islander fan from the late 70s with a great deal of first hand experience, I believe the classic (but hardly P.C.) jeer referenced Potvin's domestic troubles and went: "Beat your wife, Potvin... beat your wife!" -- to the tune of "Here we go, Rangers... here we go!"

Man...

You oldtime Rangers blueseaters were hardcore...!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
There are no Islanders games on this set though, only Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Slightly amusing as it is to hear it once or twice in a game, it's done way too much. Some would think that paying attention to the game would be more worthwhile (though tough it might be in the last week). In any case, I wouldn't approve of any censorship / tainting of the "original theatrical production".

Doug

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
The set uses both MSG/ESPN coverage. The video seems to be in pretty good shape. Looks better than I thought it would.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the set yet. Steve, can you give us a breakdown on which game is from which channel, please?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

I received mine today. 8 slim-packs. 2 discs per pack except for 1 disc in the 1st case. 4 containing the Conf Final series vs Devils and the other 4 are the Stanley Cup series vs Vancouver. One-sided disks (is the term "DVD-9's"?). Haven't viewed any yet since I was watching the final season Rangers game tonight...ouch....Ottawa's winning 5-1 in the 3rd. Rats :frowning: Devils are losing their game vs Montreal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks