NFL2K3 divergence problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John.pjr, May 3, 2003.

1. John.pjr

John.pjr Auditioning

I recently bought NFL 2K3 for the XBox, I run into divergence problems every time when I try to play it on XBox Live even AFTER adjusting my audio setting to disable Dolby Digital. I called the XBox support and they said that it is because I am using the Hi-Def cables to hook it up to my TV and they suggested connecting using the S-Video cables. If this IS the case, then I will have to return the game instead of switching cables back and forth just for a single game. Please tell me if there is another way to resolve the divergence problems that I am having. All my other Live enabled games work fine. Thanks for your help.

2. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I get them occasionally. Using DD 5.1 and component cables.

They only happen to me about 5-10% of the games I play.

Try switching to s-video just for a game or 2. If you get the error every time now, I would be interested to see if that really fixes the problem.

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

often people suggest cleaning the game disc.

4. John.pjr

John.pjr Auditioning

Thanks Mark,
    Cleaning the game disc seems to have resolved the problems. I had a couple of good games last night with no divergence problems after cleaning the disc. Now I can concentrate on kicking some butt.

XBox live gamertag: George Plimpton

5. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

np, another suggestion to anyone else having problems is to buy a new one. at 10bucks it's almost worth saving the effort of cleaning it.[​IMG]