What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (3 Viewers)

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
From a news item on TVShowsonDVD, I see Wacky Races is getting another release, this time on MOD.
Im very concerned that this is going to become the Hanna Barbera retread where all we see now are repeats of items in $5 bins at Big Lots. Lets get some new release out of the gate. Janna of the Jungle, Grape Ape, More Flintstones... Warner are you listening!?!

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Im very concerned that this is going to become the Hanna Barbera retread where all we see now are repeats of items in $5 bins at Big Lots. Lets get some new release out of the gate. Janna of the Jungle, Grape Ape, More Flintstones... Warner are you listening!?!
They told me that these re-releases will not preclude the releases of whatever new new titles they have on their plate this year...

~Ben

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

I am anxious for this also, but we must be patient. That's what I keep telling myself.
James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think all the future reprints are going to use the same discs. Too bad I would repurchase Magilla Gorilla if they restored it with the original opening and closing credits and cleaned up the Pumpkin Puss and Mushmouse cartoons

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I think all the future reprints are going to use the same discs. Too bad I would repurchase Magilla Gorilla if they restored it with the original opening and closing credits and cleaned up the Pumpkin Puss and Mushmouse cartoons

I just made my own set at home. I was inspired to do this once I got Peter Potamus. I tried to get them back into production order (as they were aired in Chicago when I watched them in the 1970s) and added the show opening and closing from the Saturday Morning Cartoons sets. Of course, it is no match for a properly restored version. If they do re-release Magilla, it would be really cool to have a set that's as good as the Peter Potamus set (I imagine there has to be better source material than what they used on the original set in 2006). I wonder if Magilla would get a "dispensation" because of the special circumstance of the show opening and closing having been left off the original set. I remember a lot of complaints about that, but I don't know if it really affected sales.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris

The good news is - there is still enough of a market for the older HB material previously released to warrant a second release.

Unfortunately, there remains some much desired material unreleased.

My concern would be if we start seeing only the re-release of the previously available titles. So far, that isn't the case.

Still, for me, getting the rest of Huck, or a complete Quick Draw, or a Wally Gator is of far more interest than these re-releases. Most of us likely have these re-releases already from years ago.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
While I know that some of them have been individually released on various compilations, I still would like to see the following 8 “missing” episodes of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (the 8 episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo Show in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics) released together on one DVD:

• The Curse of Viking Lake
  • Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats
  • Hang in There, Scooby-Doo
  • The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller
  • The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race
  • The Ozark Witch Switch
  • Creepy Cruise
  • The Creepy Heap from the Deep
Additionally, I would like to see the following 4 “missing” Dynomutt episodes that comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (these 4 episodes were renamed The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics) released together on one DVD:

• Beastwoman Parts 1 and 2
  • The Glob Parts 1 and 2
  • Madame Ape Face Parts 1 and 2
  • Shadowman Parts 1 and 2

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The Scooby Doo series of cartoons have been released in a haphazard fashion. I gave up trying to follow the releases for this.

I wish WB would release a complete Scooby Doo with all the cartoons, chronologically. I understand it is more profitable to release different collections with some new material and previously released material, and I'm ok with that. But for someone who wants to enjoy the whole catalog of Scooby Doo from start to finish, it's not possible. A "complete" release of Scooby would be most welcome.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It's been a while since I last posted the list of 'what's left' so I thought I'd update it, removing titles that have since been released. Hopefully 2017 will take a few more titles off this list.

-Ruff and Reddy (3 seasons)
-Huckleberry Hound (seasons 2-4)
-Quick Draw McGraw (3 seasons)
-Wally Gator/Touche Turtle/Lippy the Lion
-Sinbad Jr.
-Abott & Costello
-Banana Splits (2 seasons)
-Adventures of Gulliver
-Cattanooga Cats
-Harlem Globetrotters
-Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (seasons 2-3)
-These Are the Days
-New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly
-The Skatebirds
-CB Bears
-Popeye & Friends
-Yogi's Space Race
-Jana of the Jungle
-Casper and the Angels
-The New Shmoo
-Trollkins
-Little Rascals
-Puppy's Further Adventures
-The Gary Coleman Show
-Rubik the Amazing Cube
-The Biskitts
-Monchichis
-Smurfs (season 2-9)
-Paw Paws
-Yogi's Treasure Hunt
-Flintstone Kids (remaining 24 episodes)
-Popeye and Son
-Wildfire
-New Yogi Bear
-SuperTed
-Fantastic Max
-Adventures of Don Coyote and Sancho Panda
-Tom & Jerry Kids (seasons 2-4)
-Wake, Rattle, and Roll
-Rick Moranis in Gravedale High
-Midnight Patrol
-Yo Yogi!
-Young Robin Hood
-Fish Police
-Capitol Critters
-Addams Family (90s)
-Droopy, Master Detective
-Cave Kids
-2 Stupid Dogs

plus:
-the leftover Scooby Doo episodes
-the various Flintstone follow-up series (Flintstone Comedy Hour, Fred Flintstone and Friends, New Fred & Barney)
-shows WB probably can't release: Laurel & Hardy, Fantastic Four, Jeannie, Partridge Family 2200 AD, The Thing, the Fonz and the Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy shows, Lucky Luke, Pink Panther & Sons, Berenstein Bears, Pound Puppies, Foofur, Paddington Bear, the missing Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures episodes)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Lots of good stuff in that list, plus some items not a priority for me (Gary Coleman, Yo Yogi). I would love a "lost episodes" set of unreleased or sporadically released pre-scrappy 70s Scooby, but it all seems tied up in WB bureaucracy.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Additionally, I would like to see the following 4 “missing” Dynomutt episodes that comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (these 4 episodes were renamed The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics) released together on one DVD:

• Beastwoman Parts 1 and 2
  • The Glob Parts 1 and 2
  • Madame Ape Face Parts 1 and 2
  • Shadowman Parts 1 and 2
I think Warner Archive could probably do a single disk second season Dynomutt release on their own. I wish they would.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
My list is getting shorter. On the above list I want everything up to Jana of the Jungle plus the Flinstones Comedy hour but really nothing else past that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks