What's new

Newbie with a Xbox/WEGA tv question (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Since I got my Xbox 2 years ago, I used my 20" JVC with and Advanced pack with composite/5.1. I just got a new 27" WEGA and was curious if it's worth upgrading the AV pack so that I can use the component cables instead?

I also use my XBox as my DVD player and was curious about the anamorphic enchanced feature. When watching movies, it appears that a movie with 235:1 is shown as something like 4:1. Am I doing something wrong or does the Xbox not support that?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Component cables will give you a slight increase in video quality... for 480i i usually say 10-15%.

It sounds like your Xbox is in Letterbox mode, and not widescreen. Set the XBox to WIDESCREEN mode, and use the TV"s Anamorphic Enhanced Feature.

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit
Nick pretty much nailed it, but if your TV has High-Def, it is definitly worth it to get a component pack.

Sean

James T

Screenwriter
Thanks for the responses.

Regarding my DVD playback, I've checked my Xbox and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's set as widescreen, letterbox or 4:3. It still messses up the picture...but I've checked the archives regarding WEGA tvs and there has been complaints of overscanning and accessing the service menu to correct this....looks like that's what I need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks