What's new

Newbie Needs Speaker advice (1 Viewer)

DerekForeal

Auditioning
Generally one would buy speakers that his or her ears fancy... But i'm looking for some good suggestions for a new HT hobbyist that is learning as he goes. As you all know, it can be a expensive hobby and the last thing I wanna do is learn through trial and error.

My setup has only just begun with a 46" Hitachi HDTV and a Sony 6.1 receiver(STR-DG500). I've taken hostage of my old man's Vintage BOSE speakers and I'm just itchin to get some better sounding speakers.

Any suggestions?

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
Ok you sound like your serious about getting a good system. If there is one thing ive learned from the experts at this forum (im not one of them) it's that the more information you can provide, the better they can help. So start with the basics like:
Budget
Room Size
Type of listening

That sort of stuff. These guys are great and they have taught me alot. im sure you'll pick up lots of knowlage really quickly.

DerekForeal

Auditioning
I guess that would help huh.

The room is in my basement 12' wide and about 14' long with
slade flooring. My listening position is about 9 feet back and this setup is mainly for movie watching.

As for the budget... maybe $500 ballpark range for the speakers not including the sub... really i have no clue...used items is the best method for me right now.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
ok again im not an expert but the most frequent recomendation for that price range is the HSU Ventriloquist VT-12 that is only $299 so thats a little under budget but when is that a bad thing? leaves more money for a nice sub!

DerekForeal

Auditioning
i was thinking about a used set of mini monitors that are for sale locally ... just until my friend completes making my speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks