What's new

newbie needs HT speaker system help (1 Viewer)

RalphM

Auditioning
Post and Beam home. so no trusses = very high ceilings. Great room about 30' x 30', with 40' ceiling height, open to other rooms, and one wall with LOTS of glass. Looking for recommendations for HTS speaker system(s) that can truly "FILL" that room. (yes I already know about potential glare problems with the windows, etc--that is a whole different subject--just looking for speaker system advice for now).

Have been reading about axion rockets, and the ascends. Would a 5.1 ascend system with four cmt 340m for rt, lt, and both surrounds, with cmt 340c for the center, plus an sft-3 subwoofer do the trick? Would I need to go to 7.1 with 2 more cmt 340m's or cbm 170's. How about a recommendation in the axiom line. Finally, any other direct speakers that I might want to consider? Thanks in advance, now I'll post in the reciever forum for a receiver that can handle the same room.

mylan

Screenwriter
Welcome to the forum bro, I see you are not getting many replies, I think we are all agap at your room size! I lack knowledge of any of these speakers but nothing short of a stack of Marshall amps and pro speakers are going to do that room justice! All kidding aside, the main problem I see is with echo and other reflections. I think room treatments are in order first to make ANY speaker sound good in that space.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I too have a post and beam home with alot of glass. Although my living room is 18'x16' with a 28' peak. your place is huge. I have a very difficult time with my house as it is an open design as well. I have tried numerous receivers, amps, and speakers and have yet to come close to hearing what I am looking for. Bass will be difficult aw well. One sub will not cut it for you and expect to use equalization as well. The glass and open space with a ton of cubic space to fill will be a huge challenge. I have come to realize I will not accomplish what I am looking for until we finish off the basement.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Be aware of rattling! I'm not kidding. We have a ( sort of ) sun roof over the ht area, and even though it is more like a window in the side it rattles. So does our stove and BUILT INTO THE WALL LIGHTING!!!! Episode three sounded awesome, but the rattling of things was a little distracting during the first 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks