What's new

Newbie Needs Help / Multi Zone (1 Viewer)

eppieguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Ok, I need help....... I have an older Sony receiver that does have HDMI but is propbably one of the first ones out there that did about 6-7 years ago. It's time for an upgrade and while trying to find what I needed I got real confused. My current Sony has a powered Zone 2 in which I use for outdoor speakers. I do not need to to play from a different souce as I just want to stream from my IPhone and control it from my IPhone while outside. The below is what I have and what I'm looking for,

2 front tower speakers
1 front center channel
2 ear level rear surround speakers
2 high level rear surround speakers
1 powered 12" subwoofer
Zone 2
2 outdoor speakers.

All Polk Audio speakers and Sub except for the outdoor speakers.

I will be buying a new Ultra HD TV soon so I will need something capibable of Ultra 4K upscaling. I only have the cable box and Blu-Ray player going to the receiver and have no plans on adding anything more. I'd like to be able to stream / play my IPhone through the system via AirPlay, WiFi or Bluetooth. I like the Sony STR-DN1040 but it appears I'll need an additional Amp for zone 2 and I really don't want to do that. My next choice is the Onkyo TX-NR626 and then last is Yamaha RX-V675 7.2. What are your thoughts? Am I going in the right direction? Do you guys and gals have a better suggestion in that price range? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks