What's new

Newbie connection Question... (1 Viewer)

LeoRPH

Auditioning
This is my first foray into home theater so I really don't know much. I have been doing a lot of "lurking " on the boards and have picked up a great deal of info. MY space is not yet complete but I want to start purchasing the equipment so I will have when the space is finished.

The question I have is if I run an HDMI cable from my receiver to the projector will it carry all the signals from my receiver or only those components connected to the reciever with an HDMI cable?

Example: If I connect my HD Cable box with component cables to my receiver and then the receiver to the projector with HDMI will I get picture or do I need to run component cables to the projector as well?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Below is my proposed set up. - Light controlled room 13 x 23

Panasonic AE900U Projector
Denon AVR 2807 Receiver
Denon 2910 DVD
Comcast HD cable box (don't have it yet)
Def Tech speakers all the way around

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Leo,

If I read the specs correctly on the Denon 2807 it has analog to HDMI conversion. I don't have any experience with Denon, but if reading the specs correctly on their website then if you run an HDMI cable to your projector you should be able to run all of your video signals thru HDMI (the 2807 converting a composite, s-vid, or component signal to HDMI). In theory this should work.

In my dedicated basement HT I will be running both HDMI and Component to my projector. Some of the AVR's have on screen menu's that are fed to the display via component and also just for backup.

Also just for info some of the HD cable boxes don't "play nice" with HDMI switchers a la Denon, Yamaha, etc.. It is an HDCP handshake error and you may need to run component cables from your HD cable box to your receiver to get it to work properly.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.

RickRO

LeoRPH

Auditioning
Rick,

Thank you for the reply. That is just the information I was looking for. I had read about the Cable box problem as well. I think I will run both sets of cables just to be safe. Better to do it now before the sheet rock goes up. Thanks again.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks