What's new

New Zatoichi DVD? (1 Viewer)

I was wondering if a Region 2 DVD of the new Zatoichi film will make it out before the Mirimax release of the film in U.S theaters.
Thanks!

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
Yes.... With Subtitles!!!

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002991839/did-0/code-j/section-videos/[/url]

$40
coming in march! 3/11/04

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
i allreaqdy talked to Jeff at HK flix. they will be selling it, most liukely cheaper, and jeff said it will most likely be anamorphic.... has more of a dolby 5.1 feel to me rather than dts. but what can you expect, its a japanese disc, so it will always be pricey.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Any more news on this? I'm not seeing it on HKflix, and everywhere else seems to still be in the high $30 range. I really want to see this, but can't drop $40+ (once you count shipping) on a single unseen movie.

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
I watched it on saturday, got it from NicheFlix. I enjoyed it a lot, but some people seem to have a bit of an issue with the ending. It's a fair complaint, but Kitano had to do his own thing.

Anyway, I know it's on YesAsia.com and CDJapan.co.jp ... maybe even dvdasian.com has it too.

I doubt you'll find it for below $35... which is a steal on a japanese disc anyway, where they are usually near $50 for most.

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
They have it in stock here already and there are some reviews on the forum that say it was very well done and entertaining.

http://www.thedvdetective.com/Mercha...Category_Code=

Hmm..doesn't seem to want me to post the full URL. If you go to www.thedvdetective.com you'll see the link for Zatoichi on the first page.

It's going to be tough to get it for much less than $40. The price on the box is 3800 yen which is about $40 already, so...

TomJC

Grip
You can get it from Amazon Japan and, if you're a first-time buyer, use a coupon to get it for approximately $32 shipped. Best deal I've seen to date.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
I rented this disk the other day not knowing what to expect. Really cool flick and pretty nice transfer. Nice Humor as well. As far as the disk I cant recall if it had DTS or not I didnt really check cause it was about 1am when we watched it so I couldnt crank it cause we live in a apartment here. BUT about the comment earlier it seems like Japan LOVES DTS. I have seen it on ALOT of disk that US counterparts dont have.

Andre Espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, the Zatoichi R2 does not have a DTS track. I'm not sure about the Korean R3 but I did not see one listed in the specs.

The dolby digital 5.1 track is good but I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Just a quick thought...I do enjoy when the menu appears on screen and the sound of thunder cracks!

A

Sten F

Second Unit
Well, for those who have a multi-region player you can pre-order the 2 disc DTS region 3 at CD-WOW for only $12.88 using rebate link & e-voucher.

Oh, and CDWOW has free shipping worldwide. Nice touch.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wonder when the R1 release will be. Probably next year since Miramax hasn't released in theaters yet in the US. I might have to go buy a region free player before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks