What's new

New TV need help (1 Viewer)

need Help ASAP 8967

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Stephany
Okay guys so you walk into my house and there a hallway, immediately the living room is to the right and to the left is a closet with a switch and a outlet. I have a spot i want to hang a tv on a wall n the lviing but have no room for the cable box and do not want wires hanging all over the place. I would like to put something in the closet that allows me to control the cable box from said closet, is that possible ? i would prefer not to run wires through the attic and drop them down the wall, is there anything that would allow me to transmit the hdmi from the cable box to the tv that is roughly no more

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Justin:

I think the end of your post is missing.

Based on what's in your OP, I would say you're asking a lot. You want the TV in one room, the cable box in another...but you don't want to run wires. I don't know of any wireless technology that would allow the two products to communicate without hard wires.

Can you go up into the attic (or down into a basement) and run the wiring up inside the living room wall and create an outlet that would be hidden behind your TV?

Are you going to have any external speakers/receiver involved in this setup?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are dozens of products that transmit an HDMI signal wirelessly as well transmit remote signals back to the TV source. It took 30 seconds to find https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YT765OK/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1

The receiver gets put on the back of the TV so it isn't visible.

Quality? I don't know. You can easily read the reviews of this and the other similar products and make a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks