What's new

New theater photos (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't have any suggestions on colors for you, but I did want to say your room looks pretty good so far. Nice work.:emoji_thumbsup:

Dan_Morez

Agent
Thanks for the nice comments guys, I'm hoping to be completely done with the room in a couple months....hopefully, this project has been going on for almost 2 years now...off and on when I have time after work and alittle on the weekends.... As for the room size, it measures 13'-6" x 25'-0 x 7'-9"

Jason....The hole in the soffit isn't to hide the projector, although that isn't a bad idea at all, as long as you had good ventilation.....when completed, it'll hold the center channel and have a speaker cover over it.

Great looking setup George, screen shots look great!

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

Here is a color idea for you. Sort of the typical maroon color, but more exciting. My walls have five different colors blended together but it does have an overall maroon effect when viewed from the center of room. The five colors were sampled from a structure fire picture.

Here is a link to a gallery picture:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gall...ater&id=Sconce

I can't wait to see your finished theater!

David

Dan_Morez

Agent
Thanks everyone,

Great looking theater David, the color looks great!, how did you apply that?

Neil, the equipment is a denon 3805 with the klipsch R-7 series speakers, set up for 7.1 surround. I haven't bought the subs yet, but I'm 99% sure I'll be going with a pair of SVS PC-Ultras. The dvd player is a sony dvp-ns700p, the pic looks good, but when the theaters done, I'm going to upgrade to a denon 3910. To control everything, including lights (lutron 3601), I'll be using Intellicontrol Hometheater automation system made by Niles.
The projecter will be a Dwin transvision 3.

Dan M.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator

The wall was painted with a 3" brush by dabbing paint to the wall with the tips of the bristles. Started with the darker colors first and progressed through to the lighter colors. (Black, dark red, light red, orange, yellow) Paint was not completely dry when applying next color. Kept the darker colors toward bottom, lighter colors near top.
Another idea was to use lighter colors around sconces and the darker colors out near the edges of the wall sections.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks