What's new

New Star Wars films from Game of Thrones writers (1 Viewer)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
While it certainly depends on a case-by-case basis, I cannot disagree more that movies are for people with short attention spans. A single movie is literally longer than a single episode of a show.

As far as the SW shows so far, I think Obi-wan 100% would have been a better 2+hour movie than what we got. It was clunky in the same way that Solo would have been had THAT been a 6-episode show.

I agree with you on Obi-wan. But that is because I thought it sucked hard and frequently for working in Anakin/Darth and the writing overall. So it could have been streamlined and worked as a movie (with minor plot trimming). I also think they deliberately made it for a younger audience given various cutesy things precocious Leia did. IMHO, it gets sniped at to a much lesser degree than if it had been a movie. Then it would have seen more vocal wrath levels like witnessed before with Jar-Jar (or other issues), due to the larger overall exposure.

The single movie maybe longer, but it is resolved in the same sitting, it doesn't go on for 6+ weeks. That is what I meant by short attention span. Viewers don't need to remember what happened 4 weeks ago when someone in E1 is seen in E5. You also get a ton of development on multiple plots. Good luck giving us Andor in one movie. Heck the way that was done, it was 3 movies made as 9 episodes, more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks