What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking thinking the opposite but that's nothing more than a guess. It just seems like an anti-climactic start to a series by airing exactly what a good chunk of your audience just paid to see in the theaters less than two months before. I'm sure the movie will be broken up and run as individual episodes at some point though.

John Doran

Screenwriter
ditto again - i had hoped that this movie would simply be more of the CG-same as the original animated shorts, which, for my money, are the best star wars stuff ever made.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Then if you want to use the "George Luca$ is evil and money grubbing" POV (which never gets old for some people), you can say that he'll want to sell The Clone Wars as a DVD and Blu-ray soon so he isn't going to put it on TV for free before he makes more money from selling it.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. It actually got quite a few laughs from the audience I was with. Theater was about half full. I would say it was mostly 30-40 year old dads with their kids in tow, myself included.

As others have said, the WB logo was strange, strange, strange. Some of the music was cool. The main title music reminded me of the Troops cops theme in the sense that it was similar but different enough to annoy me.

I found myself almost liking Anakin in this. They actually let him have some feeling and emotions, not the angry teenager I've come to dislike so much. For me, it was Obi Wan who came off as the pompous arragant one. I guess he was like that in the other Clone Wars stuff but he just seemed like more of one this time.

I liked Anakin's padawan. She brought some freshness to their usual good jedi / bad jedi routine.

And if you stay till the credits finish you'll get a little funny bit I was surprised was put in.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

Hmmm . . . Yoda's opening line from The Empire Strikes Back:

Away put your weapon. I mean you no harm.

Others:

Mudhole. Slimy. My home this is.

Looking? Found someone you have, I would say.

Powerful Jedi was he.

Sounds pretty bass akwards to me.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Ricardo C is right, Yoda didn't speak backwards all the time in the OT:

You are Reckless!

All his life as he looked away, to the future, to the horizon....

If you leave now, help them you could, but you will destroy all for which
they have fought and suffered.

No, there is another.

There is another Skywalker.

If those same lines appeared in a SW film today, they would be:

Reckless are you!

Looked away all his life he did, to the future, to the horizon....

If now you leave, help them you could, but destroy all for which they have
fought and suffered, you will.

No, another there is.

Another Skywalker there is.

;)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Well to be fair, he did speak normal a couple of times in the prequels..

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

...and uh... I guess that's it
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Yoda only really did the backwards talk when he was pretending to be some kooky local swamp dweller. He pretty much dropped it when revealing his true identity to Luke. A surprise moment the prequels have now undone!

Future audiences might think he went a little nuts living alone for 20 years. ;)

In ROTJ, the backwards speech is creeping back in.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I guess it all just sounded more natural than some of the awkward lines Yoda has had lately.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
I honestly don't see why Lucas is being beaten up so much over this. The movie was really fun and my kids absolutely loved it (as they did the Prequels). I understand that people disagree with his choices, but the venom spewed toward him is a little over the top.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

I'm right there with you, Terry. This isn't nearly the travesty it's been made out to be. I went in expecting to hate it from the buzz and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
As a life-long and die-hard Star Wars fan even I have to admit that this movie looks pretty bad from the clips I've seen. The fact that they gave Anakin the equivalent of Hannah Montana as a Padawan learner to appeal to the "tweens" is a bad sign for where this animated show might be headed. I had initially planned on checking this out in the theater, but after a buddy of mine who is as big or bigger a SW fan than I am saw it and said to avoid it like the plague I'm definitely waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray. That way I can at least FF through all the really bad stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks