What's new

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008 (2 Viewers)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I don't have an issue with their dialect or design, just the fact that their mouths didn't work right.

I also didn't have a real issue with the pod race announcer, at least in concept. The execution could have been better, of course. I think the pod race announcer is another example of Lucas making the SW universe too much like our own.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
IMO Lucas would have been far better using an alien language and having subtitles like Jabba for the Nemoidians and Gungans.

EDIT :sorry you already said that on the last page Chris
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Nobody in the Flash Gordon serials has that kind of accent. And by the third serial, Ming was dressing more like a fascist dictator.

I've actually changed my mind on Ewoks in recent years, and sort of like them now. It's a shame Lucas never let them be vicious little killing machines like one fanfilm I've seen. :P

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Boss Nass...

Good times.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

So much good in Episode 1 & also so much bad. It's a rather strange experience when you really think about it.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I know there's probably a TV Thread for this but I thought I would add it in here too. There's a trailer out for the rest of the series that will be airing this Fall.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I will be watching this cartoon with great interest.

Edit: God! The Asteroid Field! What a cue. And, this trailer looks great.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Best trailer I've seen. And, as a huge fan of the Y-Wing starfighter, loved to see that they will be featured in the series (although it looked like it could be a slight precursor to the Y-Wings features in ANH)!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Yep, you can see the bubbles in some of the Ralph McQuarrie paintings.

One early bit of backstory was that the rebels stripped the Y-Wings down for ease of maintenance.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

"Strange experience" might be one way of putting it.

Though it is better than Episode II.

Watching the Clone Wars trailer there, I'm not even sure why it was neccessary to kill Darth Maul so quickly.

Count Dooku and the laughably over the top General Grievous aren't anywhere close to as menacing.

It would've been a lot better if they had kept Maul through the Clone Wars and had Obi-Wan or Anakin kill him at the end of Episode II.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Even better would have been to kill Maul as planned, but have Dooku feature as a character in TPM, perhaps as someone who questions whether the Republic was on the right side of the trade dispute, etc.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Well yeah ... but then again, that suggestion would actually make sense.

Despite having 20 years or whatever, I honestly really don't think George knew where he was going with half of the stuff in the prequels.

The whole Syfo-Dydas (initially Sido-Dyas) thing went absolutely no where too.

Having Dooku as a Jedi in the first film and setting up that story arc and keeping Maul until at least the second film would've been much, much more interesting.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

It wouldn't have even been that difficult: have Dooku as a dissenting voice on the Jedi Council, objecting to the Republic's inaction over the trade dispute, etc. Then, at the end, have Dooku leave the Jedi Order, frustrated and angry over Qui-Gon's death, etc. Perfect setup for Dooku's role in AOTC.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Exactly, and then you could have him come in half way through AOTC ... thought to be dead/lost or whatever. It would be a lot more dramatic.

Of course this would require an outline written before hand to take all these things to into account ... which I'm honestly very dubious about ever existing at this point. I think a good deal of the prequels was just made up as it went along.

Jar-Jar basically being axed from Ep. 2/3 after being in practically every five seconds of Ep. 1, I very much doubt was part of the initial plan either.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

The day that happens is the day people stop caring about Star Wars entirely. They'll be nothing to harp on when people don't care about the franchise any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks