What's new

New setup (1 Viewer)

crazy8

Agent
Real Name
Wayne
Well I think I have picked everything I want. Now I know this isn't a "theater" but the space we are putting this in is quite small and we aren't looking for a full blown theater. Maybe when the kids move out that will be another issue. ;) So here is what I got and this will be my first flat screen purchase ever, first blu-ray/dvd purchase ever, and first speaker purchase ever. Anyway here is what I am thinking and I am wondering if this is a pretty good basic set up for what would be good for a budget and a small space.

Samsung 46" LED-LCD HDTV UN46C6300SF

Samsung 1330W 7.1ch Blu-Ray Theater System

Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote Control w/RF Extender

The future wife and I even found a beautiful entertainment system at Ikea.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Samsung makes great TVs. Not so much with their receivers and speakers. In general you would do better by looking elsewhere for the HTIB. (And look to get one that doesn't have the DVD/Bluray as part of the receiver.)

crazy8

Agent
Real Name
Wayne
I figured if I was getting a Samsung TV that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the same brand blu-ray player and speakers. Not that I shouldn't consider anything else. So as far as HTIB systems go, you have any suggestions? Should I stick with the Samsung blu-ray player? I have seen it and it seems like a sweet enough player and looks nice to.

crazy8

Agent
Real Name
Wayne
What if I went with the Samsung DVD player and for the sound went with an Onkyo HT-S6300 setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks