What's new

new RP-91 owner - some questions!!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
got a few questions about my RP-91

1) need to check if it has current up to date firmware. how can i do this?

2) why doesn't the progressive indicator stay on?

3) i have heard that with misflagged nonanamorphic discs, if you choose zoom it will remember the parameter for that disc. Can't seem to get this going either, and when i zoom a dvd, if the next one i put in is either 16:9 or properly flagged it's still zoomed.

4) i have a tube 16:9 hdtv - should i tell the panasonic it's direct view or projection? plus, i didn't see much change between lighter/darker.

any help appreciated

sean

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
1. Hold pause and open on your player, then press 7 on remote.
2. The dimmer is set on and that light dims with it too. You can turn the dimmer off, but the bright blue light can be distracting.
3. Stay on the User settings, do not change to any of the Film or other modes before ejecting the disc. I haven't had any problems with this. If you haven't used a disc before, it will start with the settings of the last disc. Once you select everything like you wish, then the new disc will be displayed correctly next time you put it in.
4. Actually, check this thread below. It has a link to a FAQ for the RP-91. It has lots of information.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=26727

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks