What's new

New Queen remasters? (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
I was on a few different sites and noticed that new queen remastered issues of there entire catalog were done in Japan recently ( I think they are just coming out in the states) CDNOW has some up for pre-order. Does anybody have any expreience or further knowledge about these re-issues? Are they worth buying over the Hollywood record versions?

thanks

Tim

MikeAW

Second Unit
I believe these mini-lp reissues are 24bit remasters. There was a previous mini-lp issue about two years ago, so be careful that you're getting the new ones.
Here is a link to an online source that may give you a better price....
http://redtrumpet.com/software/artis...sid=1404449472
Besides the mini-lps and the Hollywood label remaster/reissues, there are a couple of DCC and MFSL issues too, as well as vinyl.
Here's a link to the search results of a dynamite music discussion forum hosted by DCC and producer Steve Hoffman.
Link Removed
Enjoy !

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I bought 2 of the new 24 bit Queen remasters (Night At The Opera and Day At The Races) from HMV.jp an they do sound better than the Hollywood versions. Cleaner with less distortion.

I would buy them if your a big Queen fan. Keep the Hollywoods if your a casual Queen fan.

The new Japanese remasters do not have bonus tracks. But are housed in a jewel case not mimi-lp style.

JohnG

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if you are aware of this, but "A Night at the Opera" has been remixed and remastered in 5.1 at 24bit/96kHz and will be released as a DTS DVD-Audio disc in April 2002 (both MLP DVD-Audio and DTS 24/96 DVD-Video on the same disc).

This 5.1 version has been produced by Roy Thomas Baker who produced the original album and mixed by Elliot Scheiner (from the original multi-track tapes).

I am one of the few lucky ones to have an advanced copy of this DVD, and let me tell you that Bohemian Rapsody or Prophet Song take a all new dimension in 5.1.

I believe that David Tolsky is going to write a full review for the forum soon.

JW

Tim L

Second Unit
Yes I also have the dvd audio of night at the opera on preorder- I'll have to check out some of the new remasters though- I appreciate the feedback- the new remasters are a little pricey though.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks