What's new

Queen of Outer Space (1958)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE (1958)
NEW 2018 1080p HD remaster!
Run Time 80:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Feature: Commentary by Laurie Mitchell and Film Historian Tom Weaver

Breaking news from space! The bad: An intrepid captain and his men have landed on a planet where males are outlawed. The good: Some women there are eager to break the law! Queen of Outer Space is a milestone of movie camp. Eric Fleming plays the granite-jawed leader who shares with his crew the crime of maleness. That’s just the start of their troubles. The man-hating Venusian Queen (Laurie Mitchell) aims to destroy Earth once a Beta Disintegrator is operational. But a gossamer-gowned scientist (Zsa Zsa Gabor) and her curvy cohorts eye the men, and they like what they see. This bijou bauble has sets, costumes and effects from Flight to Mars, Forbidden Planet and World Without End. Have fun spotting them. Botchino!
FB_IMG_1534886855724.jpg

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I remember seeing this on TCM a few years back and thinking, "Did somebody really go to the trouble to rip-off Abbott and Costello Go to Mars?"! I may just have to add this blu to my collection! :D

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Even though this was a beautiful SD, I just might double-dip for this one. It's one of the guilty pleasures of mine because I saw it when it was first released! :thumbsup:

Just curious, what is 16x9 Letterbox?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Place holder for the coming onslaught of: my classic titles are more "worthy" of being released by WAC regardless of sales and cost of restoring the film than this b movie.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I actually did see this at the cinema in the early sixties (UK) & in no way am I tempted to add it to my collection (even if they were giving it away).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Even though this was a beautiful SD, I just might double-dip for this one. It's one of the guilty pleasures of mine because I saw it when it was first released! :thumbsup:

Just curious, what is 16x9 Letterbox?
Basically Another term for Anamorphic Widescreen.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Too bad they didn't get a Zsa Zsa commentary at some point. This is one of the few films where she was the star.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I saw this film in 1962 on a triple bill with ONE-EYED JACKS and THE FABULOUS WORLD OF JULES VERNE with a full audience of kids. QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE was the only crowd-pleaser of the three. Can you imagine an audience of rowdy Bronx kids from five- and six-years-old on up having to sit through the two-and-a-half-hour ONE-EYED JACKS? And then another three hours of films--plus shorts?! There was a riot in the lobby afterwards and I got trampled.

Fun times.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well now there is 3 thread referencing this movie, two for the blu release. No I'm not complaining, in fact I'm thrilled.

Still depressed though that despite all our space program efforts, we still haven't found that extraterrestrial civilization of female beauty pageant contestants with deadly laser weapons, most of, if not all really wanting husbands.

They ought to make a sequel movie about what happens when these beauties actually get their husbands. I'd pay good money for that.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I remember seeing this on TCM a few years back and thinking, "Did somebody really go to the trouble to rip-off Abbott and Costello Go to Mars?"! I may just have to add this blu to my collection! :D
I'd love that one and the 3 Stooges counter part flick, the 3 Stooges in Orbit or Have rocket will travel!!

Attachments

• lf.jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 33

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I saw this film in 1962 on a triple bill with ONE-EYED JACKS and THE FABULOUS WORLD OF JULES VERNE with a full audience of kids. QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE was the only crowd-pleaser of the three. Can you imagine an audience of rowdy Bronx kids from five- and six-years-old on up having to sit through the two-and-a-half-hour ONE-EYED JACKS? And then another three hours of films--plus shorts?! There was a riot in the lobby afterwards and I got trampled.

Fun times.
Chicago Bulls Popcorn GIF by NBA

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I saw this at a "Cinema a Go-Go" screening held by the Retro Cocktail Hour radio show in Lawrence, Kansas, haha. Thoroughly enjoyed it and picked up the blu ray when it was released, though I waited (as I always used to) for a 4/$44 sale. Boy, I wish those would come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks